• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump fittings

bones1

Anyone have a source for the large fuel line that comes out of the pump at the tank?. Looks like 1/2 or bigger steel line with a large inverted male fitting.So far can not find .

eagle4g63

I gotta say Bobby, I know what fitting he is after...........I had to make the one on my old second tank........I went all over....even the largest plumbing houses in our area........no such luck, was able to find something close but not quite........I spent 2 weeks stumping everyone with that one......and you know me I drove the truck to every place to let them try every fitting they had. No one could find that one.......Just like today went all over for a da-- fitting on the bottom of the injection pump......was told they didn't make it.......I even handed them the thing and they had no idea what to do........I am having a new line made up with the next size up flare so I can use a common size flare for that line.

A few of the fitting's on these things are old sizes that they just don't make anymore.

eagle4g63

Bones......get a hold of C&C equipment........he is here in Indiana........a member on here as well, and you can find his info on ebay......anyway tell him what you need and he can get one off a junk truck, he has a huge salvage yard, the line itself is 1/2" but should be copper, and if you have a flare tool can make the correct flare for it.

bones1

Great idea Eagle. I have been hunting that fitting/line for a while now with no luck at all. I think it is 1/2 tube o.d.x 3/4-18 inverted flare thread. I even thought about brazing the pump up and re threading it in 3/8 pipe, something I can get fittings for.

Rusty nuts

I discovered they are AN (Army-Navy) fittings. I bought a motor and was capping off everything to pressure wash and had stripped the motor down and wanted to cap off where the fuel line connected to the IP and the return line connected to the fuel filters. I have a lot of AN fittings from building sandrails an a -8 AN cap screwed right on.

not positive, but I bet all inverted flare fittings are AN.

http://www.gre6.com/ansize

eagle4g63

Nice to know rusty nuts........I was actually going to run AN lines on the truck........I have a buddy with a shelf full of AN stuff, will have to head over there and check it out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you clarify which part you need with a NSN?

Usually nsn are searchable too.

bones1

Remember the old Chevy cars that had a metal fuel line threaded into the fuel pump down on the engine and it ran up and threaded into the carburetor. That is an inverted thread male nut that is on the metal tubing. Thread is inverted flare and I'd different than non etc.The line / fitting I need is on the fuel tank,the largest line and threads directly into the fuel pump out fitting.Looks like a piece of brake line on steroids

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I have bought that fitting locally.

Perhaps I got it from a brake fitting selection at my local Napa.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, as easy as looking at the parts tm, and identifying it by NSN. 4730-00-014-2435

Then a google search for that, and look at the "parttarget" link that comes up. http://www.parttarget.com/4730-00-014-2435_4730000142435_143407.html

Then scroll down to the list of manufacturers and their part numbers.

The simple answer is you need an inverted nut SAE J512 fitting.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I discovered they are AN (Army-Navy) fittings. I bought a motor and was capping off everything to pressure wash and had stripped the motor down and wanted to cap off where the fuel line connected to the IP and the return line connected to the fuel filters. I have a lot of AN fittings from building sandrails an a -8 AN cap screwed right on.

not positive, but I bet all inverted flare fittings are AN.

http://www.gre6.com/ansize

Incorrect. This one is a 45 degree flare.

AN fittings are 37 degree.

bones1

Thanks Doghead, for your research. SAEJ512 type is correct in 3/4 thread, 1/2 in tube 45 deg. An adapter, inv flare male to barbed 1/2 hose would be ideal. I remember them from the 70's hot rod days and you could walk into real auto parts stores and pick them up but the wax stores nowadays don't have many hard parts anymore.Try finding a Weatherhead, Edelman, Imperial brass cabinet today.
I am installing an extra fuel tank and it came with no lines on the pump.
This is an exellent info link on fitting sizing http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let them order it from their regional warehouse.

How about a local hydraulic hose shop, or truck shop.