• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank Drain Bolt

SierraHotel

Anyone know of a place to procure one for a M35A2...or barring that, the thread pitch/size and the bolt size so I can get one commercially? I'm usually pretty good at searching, but I have not A) found one in my internet searching, nor B) found my original that appears to have grown lil' legs and taken a stroll. I'd really rather not get one of those expanding plugs.

rustystud

Anyone know of a place to procure one for a M35A2...or barring that, the thread pitch/size and the bolt size so I can get one commercially? I'm usually pretty good at searching, but I have not A) found one in my internet searching, nor B) found my original that appears to have grown lil' legs and taken a stroll. I'd really rather not get one of those expanding plugs.
Are you talking about the drain plug ? It is just a standard 1/2" NPT plug. I went with brass since my last one decided to rust itself in place.

Kharville

Does this fuel tank drain plug get any type of sealant on the threads when replaced or just screwed in tight?

Same question for the transfer case drain plug. Mine is tight but dripping oil from the transfer case.

Barrman

I like Permatex Number 2 gasket maker for those plugs. The white tube with the really sticky black goo. Being NPT, they shouldn't need sealant, but as pointed out sometimes they do. I have never used it on my fuel tanks though. Just the gear oil plugs.

rustystud

Does this fuel tank drain plug get any type of sealant on the threads when replaced or just screwed in tight?

Same question for the transfer case drain plug. Mine is tight but dripping oil from the transfer case.
Like "jbayer" said. Teflon tape is good. I prefer to use the paste myself. Gets in the threads better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks