• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fule leaks from Injector Pump om my M1008 CUCV (again)

BiggEric

About 4 years ago I had my pump rebuilt (expansive) :roll: I ssems that the seal around the throttle linkage was leaking, letting fuel run all over the block and making a huge mess.This only happened in extreme cold weather conditions, and I found that by placing a drop light under the hood at night it would provide enough warmth to keep the seal from contracting. Now It's happening again, even under warm to hot conditions. Is it worth it to attempt another rebuild, or is there a better after market pump that won't suffer this same problem. I'd also be interested to hear from others that have had this same issue.

CCATLETT1984

I would also have a chat with the shop that did your rebuild, should last much longer than a few years. Maybe they'll do it for a much reduced rate., It's worth asking about. If they give you guff then ask around here, odds are that someone on the forum has a spare rebuilt IP sitting on a shelf.

ALSO PLEASE PUT YOUR LOCATION IN YOUR SIG, ITS IN YOUR PROFILE. ITS ONE OF THE FEW RULES, BUT YOUR POSTS WILL BE REMOVED IF YOU DON,T.

BiggEric

Sorry, No Pic's as of now. I don't have a digital camera (Yet, perhaps the wfie will let me spend some of my money :) I added my location to my SIG, sorry about that. I've got a friend with a camera, and I'll see what I can do next time I see him, I've got to figure how to post them too, I'm a bit new at this.

muddobber40

No need in having it rebuilt. Its about a 45 min. Job and you don't really need any special tools. Just need to loacte new bushings and the o-rings. If you want to try and tackle it PM me and I can send you some details on how to do it.