• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

full hydro steering on a deuce?

Trango

On the "I'll never finish it" buggy, I got all of the parts from Rockstomper.... cheapish. Check them out, for sure. I used a double ended ram in the front.

Hydraulic assist - single ended ram/cylinder is fine.

Full hydraulic, you want to do a double ended cylinder.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Offroadfabworks said:
LOL. thats the truth OPCOM. Maybe i can get with Dman and we can make A/C into a kit also as im wanting to start to fab one up in my truck im restoring
Better be close to 36000BTU if ya wanna get my attention!! Some of us don't have much insulation, or at all, and it is possibly not very practical to add it as nice as D-man did without tearing everything apart.

Memphis equ. showed me some 1/2" thick black foam rubber they use on the inside of the cab including the floor on the a/c option they offer. oddly they could not tell me the BTU capacity !?!? but my calcualtions show 30-36K BTU for 70 degrees in the cab in 100 degree sun, including the inevitable airflows at the doors, windows, little holes you can't find, etc.. My worst issue is hot air coming in from the engine and underside of the truck, and some of this comes from the heater even when it is off.

I think I saw in the Red Dot catlog a vertical upright unit that could mount on the transmission hump if the passenger seat were removed and a second driver seat was put on that side. It's a shame there does not seem to be much room in the cab.

I have considered the evaporator being under the stock passenger seat. There is room but it would be a custom job, nothing off-the-shelf fits.-and then how would the ducts come out to be useful?

Under-dash could be possible, but there's the air switch and other stuff there and it would make it hard to work on the truck.

Depriving the passenger of his legroom is an evil but workable idea.

Then there are roof-mounted evaporator and condenser units, but it's alot of weight on the hardtop. My hardtop is kind of dented, I imagine alot of people's are.

Even with all this said, it comes to the mount for the compressor being the hardest part of the job. I'd vote for a location above the alternator as there's plentu of room for a big unit there, even with the heater stopcocks and other items on that side of the engine. Maybe a special bolt-on extra crank pulley for the A/C compressor would be a good way to go. In order to get the max cooling at low speeds, the compressor should spin near its max RPM when the engine turns 26o0RPM, so they redline together, right?

Not wanting to hijack this thread..

Is there a thread on A/C already?
Diabolo build:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=48990

Here's a thread specifically on deuce cab A/C:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=128085

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks