• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Functions of the eess box?

ikoinu

Why do you want to take out the box? Just leave it in there, keep it as factory as possible.
If you want, install a manual start system by getting another glow plug harness. That way, if you decide you want to pony up another $600 or so for another box, you can just plug it in.

snowtrac nome

I know im a little lupie right because of the happy pills that were prescribed for my back. That was however the point I was making its just a relay box one could open it up and repair failed relays. if you wanted to do manual glow plugs adding the additional harness would be the way to go as the box has other functions, if one had to replace it again in the future for say a starter that wont crank. why not just put it back as original.

Skrilex

Banned
Ah okay I see. Yes that’s what I was asking in the the first place lol. With future engine swap ideas this unit may be rendered useless anyway so I’m just trying to make my plan for the short term.

ikoinu

Snowtrac & I are in agreement.
With the box in, and the factory harness unplugged from the glow plugs, there won't be self starting or spontaneous combustion. It will just sit there in it's spot on the firewall being happy, thinking it's still in control. It will still do any other jobs that it should, but you will have emasculated it from the one job it's not competent to handle: Glow plug management.

You will be in control. Bask in the glory.

Action

If you think it will start on ots own and catch fire ( like that one style old box i have never seen in person), just put in a battery cutoff switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks