• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Funny looking headlight arrangement...

jblack6527

This may be the wrong place to put this, and if so, I apologize. I was surfing around on GL, and came across this deuce that has the headlights in a different place. Is there a reason for this, or?

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine doesn't have a winch and never did...and the headlights are above the blackout light.

littlebob

Don't quote me but I've seen the lower headlights mostly on earlier non winch trucks. I've seen the high lights on both W/W and W/OW trucks that are newer.
I'm sure David Doyle or someone else will chime in with a definitive answer.
littlebob

ida34

The older ones could be flipped either way. I am pretty sure the newer ones can not be flipped and are permanently in a position with the headlight above the BO Drive.

saddamsnightmare

February 24th, 2008.

:driver:

GENTLEMEN OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE DEUCE (or a Dueced Brotherhood?)

Note also that M. Walker's Duece in the picture above has the opening for the Sparton horn above the right headlight, and I presume that his horn is likely electric. My 1971 Kaiser Jeep has the headlights high and the blaclout ender the left one, with the grill set accordingly, and she originally did not have and does not yet have, a winch.

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Mercedes Benz S404.114 Unimog (Swiss)
1971 KAiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce Truck.
rofl

ida34

I had thought the decision on the light placement also was affected by the horn being air or electric. It seems like electric horn models have the horn mounted above the light with the light in the lower position while the airhorn models are flipped like the winch models. As said before, I think the newer models do not flip and can't be flipped with the headlight down.

emr

the horns had nothing to do with it, the original reo design had low head lights when they came with a winch as stated above they were raised, later models "still early" to us had all raised headlights...Randy

ida34

All the low headlight trucks I have seen had the electric horn. Cause or not that is what I have seen in my experience.

shadow

My 53' reo is lower as well. I suppose I could take the horn and blackout out and put headlights there and have "Low beams" and "High beams" :D Get it? haha. But that would make it a real 4 eyed monstrosity . :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks