• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI. GovPlanet no longer allows partial payments on items $5k+

shawnshumvee

Ha Ha your funny. Yet another super human who doesn't make a mistake. My goodness, nevertheless, You really don't get it porkyplace. My means of paying is not an issue. And i could have paid for it, time is the issue! I always pay my debts and Im not in debt FYI. Just because you are anti-credit card doesn't mean you are right! You are wrong, dead wrong! Millions of people use cards everyday, its a good source to build credit, protection (for the card holder) and i get double cash back. Pretty smart if you ask me. Nevertheless, my ability to pay is not up for debate. Its the operation of GP and the treatment of their customs is what the issue is. But lets not forget the facts that CC were allowed not to long ago and for some stupid reason they changed it. Yes i understand my responsibilities , but they also have responsibilities which are far more higher than that out a consumer. One would think. Nevertheless, they did not do a good job of notifying their customer base and they are unforgiven and if you think that is a good business practice then wake up! Because that's a Horrible way to do business, Period! That is an Ignorant way to treat customers who have outstanding records on buying items. Its not like I defaulted before. Have you ever defaulted in your Life? Well thank God i have never defaulted and the Reason for that is i have Morals and if owe a debt and the debt is justified then i will Pay! End of story! I made a mistake and their silly rule is total unjustified, So dude you are insane if you think that's cool! INSANE! I bet you don't run your business that way? Well Do you? I'm sure you are an understanding person and are willing to work with people? But maybe Not. Lets say if someone spent $100,000,000 with you, and then that same person hired you to do another job and who it came time to pay that person (who also paid and was a good customer) and a bit of an issue, you me to tell me you wouldn't take that into consideration, and treat that customer with respect and understanding? My Good Lord I Hope you would.

And you stated this...

"Maybe $1500 seems high but GP has costs in listing ,storing, moving items and you expect them just to eat that because you couldn't pay for it . They have costs involved and if they just blew it off people would default and not care

Oh i can pay for it don't your worry about that my little buddy, do you worry. It was just a bombshell and i thought i wouldn't me more time, but i have the cash make no mistake about that. But let me ask you this, Do you know what GP cost for listing is? I bet it's not $1,500 per item! But since you are sticking for GP and ignoring your morals, why don't you on GP's behalf justify $1,500.00 for a mistake! Go ahead, justify it, but remember it's my first issue, and I'm a repeat customer who spent a lot of money. I bet you can't justify it.

here's what i accept GP should do...
1. Be understand and show customer appreciation and give 1 WARNING. Come on any harm in that?
2. Offer it to the back up bidder, then again any harm in that?
3. Have a resizable and justified punishment for second time offenders (a realistic fee, banned for a length of time or forever)

And as for this site, i have read the rules and they do have a warning system in place (you should read the rules) and this is different.

P.S It's not any of my business but do you hold a valid Credit card? If so, your comment is a bit hypocritical. Because why would use a credit card if you have the CASH in hand to afford what ever it is you are buying? WhY?

My Goodness $1,500 for a mistake, not even the greedy Police are that bad and if they are, i have a right to dispute it!

shawnshumvee

The mistakes i see here -

1) bidding with credit.

2) calling GP before you thought it through.

3) making emotional statements.

Don't tell your bank the card is stolen. Why make a false statement of fact? Have them close it without giving a reason... although GP likely won't charge the card.

My best guess says GP will simply lock your account until/unless you pay the default fee. Done.

As to who you're harming by bidding and defaulting - people like me. I'm bidding against you with cash. You run the item up beyond the cash I've got in hand and I can't compete, then you don't pay and I see the item relisted next week. (Then I think GP shill bid it). There's multiple accounts in the General Questions subforum about this exact situation. I've experienced it on at least four occasions. It's easy to resent people who default for whatever reason...
Really? Your not hurt! If i back out then they can offer it to you for your Max bid before you got out bid! You win! GP wins! Everybody wins! I also wonder how many of the bids are real? I suspect a bit of shill bidding going on, but that's just me. And i never said i was going to talk with my bank, wrong person. i would not do that. that is dishonest. i would rather fight in court. And lets forget about the emotion part, and look at it legally. i still should have 3 days to pay and i don't car what you think or any one else thinks My response should not trump the contract! Where is that in the rules? Where? Look don't make me out to be some loser or a guy who don't want to pay or someone who is surfing from a case of buyers remorse. That isn't the case! If it was the case then why haven't i defaulted any other of the 14 items i bought and paid for? This is my first and only mistake and this company should show a little grace specially to good customers.

You wait until you make a mistake ( you will, you are human) and lets see if you pay the Fee.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GPs cost for an inspection is $400.

I don't know what their cost is for running the item through auction.

If they didn't make default a painful process, it would occur much more frequently than it does.

Could GP do a better job? Of course, most especially in the area of customer service....

What's the optimal solution in your case? Stop and think before calling them, pay within the 3 days, done.

Now that it's too late for that? They should accept your payment in full by wire transfer and call it a sale. Why won't they? Because you called them and pissed someone off, and their customer service generally sucks without jwade to intervene.

shawnshumvee

GPs cost for an inspection is $400.

I don't know what their cost is for running the item through auction.

If they didn't make default a painful process, it would occur much more frequently than it does.

Could GP do a better job? Of course, most especially in the area of customer service....

What's the optimal solution in your case? Stop and think before calling them, pay within the 3 days, done.

Now that it's too late for that? They should accept your payment in full by wire transfer and call it a sale. Why won't they? Because you called them and pissed someone off, and their customer service generally sucks without jwade to intervene.
Ok $ 400.00 it cost them That's not $1,500.00 and need to make it a Painful process? Also understanding but first time offenders, Oh come on! Thats insane and you know it!
If this was you what would you do? pay it? Although its totally wrong and un fair! I bet you are going to say yes? we will never know.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really? Your not hurt! If i back out then they can offer it to you for your Max bid before you got out bid! You win! GP wins! Everybody wins! I also wonder how many of the bids are real? I suspect a bit of shill bidding going on, but that's just me. And i never said i was going to talk with my bank, wrong person. i would not do that. that is dishonest. i would rather fight in court. And lets forget about the emotion part, and look at it legally. i still should have 3 days to pay and i don't car what you think or any one else thinks My response should not trump the contract! Where is that in the rules? Where? Look don't make me out to be some loser or a guy who don't want to pay or someone who is surfing from a case of buyers remorse. That isn't the case! If it was the case then why haven't i defaulted any other of the 14 items i bought and paid for? This is my first and only mistake and this company should show a little grace specially to good customers.

You wait until you make a mistake ( you will, you are human) and lets see if you pay the Fee.
Relax, I'm not your enemy...

And here's a concrete example of how a default hurt me. I was outbid on a truck by a $100 margin. There were only two bids on the truck. The winner defaulted. The truck was relisted- the next time it was much more visible and sold for $2600 more than the first sale. Had the first guy not bid, I would have won it well below that.

When buyers default GP doesn't offer it to the next highest bidder. They simply rUn it through auction again. We can debate the merits if this, but the fact stands that they do...

I've made plenty of mistakes. People died. Fortunately this type of mistake isn't in that category.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok $ 400.00 it cost them That's not $1,500.00 and need to make it a Painful process? Also understanding but first time offenders, Oh come on! Thats insane and you know it!
If this was you what would you do? pay it? Although its totally wrong and un fair! I bet you are going to say yes? we will never know.

What would i do?

Well, I had a dispute with GL. I'll go find the thread and link it here...

What did i do? I told them to FOAD and let my account there remain suspended. Done. Edit -

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ely-Negative-Experience-Jared-at-Ft-Carson-CO

What would i do in your case? Since you want the item and we're still in the 3day window, wire them the funds. They won't refuse payment. After the EUC clears and you pick up the item, call them and ask "wtf?". At that ppint you can show paid and picked up, and they'll have no choice but to remove the default....

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

Oh no worries I'm not upset. And that's a perfect example of why they should offer it to the underbidder. Why did they relist it? you know what i mean? Why can't they just ask the back up bidder? i have been to many auctions and the only way an item is relisted is if know one buys it. But in these cases there is many people to fall back on. They could have simply offered it to you, but why didn't they? thats the Question! And according to your story the only reason they didn't offer it to you was because GP took a chance and resisted and it worked in their favor apparently. says a lot for you. I guess your were not the high bidder therefore you don't matter! But see, They set the stage so only they advantage. The right thing to do is offer it to you. Specially if a person backs out within the hour.

shawnshumvee

Yes i want the item i'm a man of my word, it was a mistake and they treated me like CRAP! But I can't wire the money, my account say i have nothing to pay for!

shawnshumvee

For me a transaction number. I know the money goes to a bank in San fran, but nevertheless, i will figure it all out. like i said i just wanted to know if anyone went though this before and if so can they share there out come, thats all.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh no worries I'm not upset. And that's a perfect example of why they should offer it to the underbidder. Why did they relist it? you know what i mean? Why can't they just ask the back up bidder? i have been to many auctions and the only way an item is relisted is if know one buys it. But in these cases there is many people to fall back on. They could have simply offered it to you, but why didn't they? thats the Question! And according to your story the only reason they didn't offer it to you was because GP took a chance and resisted and it worked in their favor apparently. says a lot for you. I guess your were not the high bidder therefore you don't matter! But see, They set the stage so only they advantage. The right thing to do is offer it to you. Specially if a person backs out within the hour.
"According to your story" implies that you think I'm lying. I am offended.

Here's the account, including item numbers and responsors from GP''s Operations Manager.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ck-sells-and-then-is-relisted-week-after-week

shawnshumvee

Oh no! Not at all! Its just wording because i really don't know. know what i mean? I mean no disrespect! Its just based on what you are saying. I have reason to doubt you.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha Ha your funny. Yet another super human who doesn't make a mistake. My goodness, nevertheless, You really don't get it porkyplace. My means of paying is not an issue. And i could have paid for it, time is the issue! I always pay my debts and Im not in debt FYI. Just because you are anti-credit card doesn't mean you are right! You are wrong, dead wrong! Millions of people use cards everyday, its a good source to build credit, protection (for the card holder) and i get double cash back. Pretty smart if you ask me. Nevertheless, my ability to pay is not up for debate. Its the operation of GP and the treatment of their customs is what the issue is. But lets not forget the facts that CC were allowed not to long ago and for some stupid reason they changed it. Yes i understand my responsibilities , but they also have responsibilities which are far more higher than that out a consumer. One would think. Nevertheless, they did not do a good job of notifying their customer base and they are unforgiven and if you think that is a good business practice then wake up! Because that's a Horrible way to do business, Period! That is an Ignorant way to treat customers who have outstanding records on buying items. Its not like I defaulted before. Have you ever defaulted in your Life? Well thank God i have never defaulted and the Reason for that is i have Morals and if owe a debt and the debt is justified then i will Pay! End of story! I made a mistake and their silly rule is total unjustified, So dude you are insane if you think that's cool! INSANE! I bet you don't run your business that way? Well Do you? I'm sure you are an understanding person and are willing to work with people? But maybe Not. Lets say if someone spent $100,000,000 with you, and then that same person hired you to do another job and who it came time to pay that person (who also paid and was a good customer) and a bit of an issue, you me to tell me you wouldn't take that into consideration, and treat that customer with respect and understanding? My Good Lord I Hope you would.

And you stated this...

"Maybe $1500 seems high but GP has costs in listing ,storing, moving items and you expect them just to eat that because you couldn't pay for it . They have costs involved and if they just blew it off people would default and not care

Oh i can pay for it don't your worry about that my little buddy, do you worry. It was just a bombshell and i thought i wouldn't me more time, but i have the cash make no mistake about that. But let me ask you this, Do you know what GP cost for listing is? I bet it's not $1,500 per item! But since you are sticking for GP and ignoring your morals, why don't you on GP's behalf justify $1,500.00 for a mistake! Go ahead, justify it, but remember it's my first issue, and I'm a repeat customer who spent a lot of money. I bet you can't justify it.

here's what i accept GP should do...
1. Be understand and show customer appreciation and give 1 WARNING. Come on any harm in that?
2. Offer it to the back up bidder, then again any harm in that?
3. Have a resizable and justified punishment for second time offenders (a realistic fee, banned for a length of time or forever)

And as for this site, i have read the rules and they do have a warning system in place (you should read the rules) and this is different.

P.S It's not any of my business but do you hold a valid Credit card? If so, your comment is a bit hypocritical. Because why would use a credit card if you have the CASH in hand to afford what ever it is you are buying? WhY?

My Goodness $1,500 for a mistake, not even the greedy Police are that bad and if they are, i have a right to dispute it!
Well first off I own a 98 year old family operated construction company and no we don't take credit cards , we get half down before we start. 20 years ago we didn't require a down payment but there are too many deadbeats living off plastic that can't pay their bills and expect businesses to just eat it . And no I don't use credit cards . I pay cash as I go.

Action

I just read all of this. It seems the problem is that you told them you could NOT pay for it. I would have put you in default too. they probably deal with hundreds of folks each day and get tired of folks doing this. After all, don't you only need an email address to bid?
I hve seen this situation where the second highest bidder loses, then places a bid on another item. Now, they won't buy the second chance, because they are winning another listing. It just causes lots of problems. Didn't you agree to the default fee before ever bidding on their auctions?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While we're wandering off topic:

"I'd rather fight it out in court" are the words of someone who has never been to court. At the point it goes to court, it's already a loss. Even when you win, you eat the attorneys fees.... you going to spend $350/hr to fight them over $1500? That won't end well....

tobyS

Shawn,

The reason that offering it to the second bidder is not a fair process is that you were a party in bidding it to that level. Maybe it would have stopped thousands of dollars less. Just getting it for $200 less than YOUR high winning bid is not the same as you not bidding in the first place. So as a person (a small business) potentially bidding against you, you would have wasted my time and caused me to be resentful to the auction company (like 98G explained). Or worse yet, I buy it at a cost too high to ever recoup my money, let alone making a small profit.

Most of us have experienced some service problems, first GL and now GP, mine related to scheduling pick-ups with a 3 hour opening, so your not alone. Get that chip off your shoulder... not good.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While we're wandering off topic:

"I'd rather fight it out in court" are the words of someone who has never been to court.
At the point it goes to court, it's already a loss. Even when you win, you eat the attorneys fees.... you going to spend $350/hr to fight them over $1500? That won't end well....
And someone who probably didn't read SS's rules either.
• Do not post information regarding past, current or upcoming lawsuits or litigation.

tobyS

Doesn't sound like a very bona fide threat of a lawsuit, considering some of the former threads of disgruntled customers. The retail trade has upped the price by cutting out the middle man, which has a cost of it's own, more disgruntled customers.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For me a transaction number. I know the money goes to a bank in San fran, but nevertheless, i will figure it all out. like i said i just wanted to know if anyone went though this before and if so can they share there out come, thats all.
call and ask for a "real manager"....your aren't going to get off the hook, but get them to take the default notice off, especially if your still in the payment window. That's just BS if they did that based on conversation with a rep.
Its like telling a cop your going to speed and he writes you a speeding tkt before you actually speed and break the law.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks