• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI. GovPlanet no longer allows partial payments on items $5k+

shawnshumvee

And someone who probably didn't read SS's rules either.
• Do not post information regarding past, current or upcoming lawsuits or litigation.
Porksplace. Oh Boy! You really don't get it. I did read the rules and no violation. Because my words are of an opinion nature, I was just speaking my mind, kinda tongue-check. There is no Case, no court date, no verdict! Nothing past, present/current, or upcoming/future. IT NOT REAL! so read the rules once more.

shawnshumvee

Doesn't sound like a very bona fide threat of a lawsuit, considering some of the former threads of disgruntled customers. The retail trade has upped the price by cutting out the middle man, which has a cost of it's own, more disgruntled customers.
tobyS.

Bona fide lawsuit? I never said it was real! just speaking my mind with other folks who are like minded (or so i thought) or may have had issues with these kind of horrible companies. thats all. And has for disgruntled customer, Yes I'm! But I'm not a Butt kissing customer or one who take BS from companies. So yeah a 100% Justified Disgruntled customer.

shawnshumvee

Shawn,

The reason that offering it to the second bidder is not a fair process is that you were a party in bidding it to that level. Maybe it would have stopped thousands of dollars less. Just getting it for $200 less than YOUR high winning bid is not the same as you not bidding in the first place. So as a person (a small business) potentially bidding against you, you would have wasted my time and caused me to be resentful to the auction company (like 98G explained). Or worse yet, I buy it at a cost too high to ever recoup my money, let alone making a small profit.

Most of us have experienced some service problems, first GL and now GP, mine related to scheduling pick-ups with a 3 hour opening, so your not alone. Get that chip off your shoulder... not good.
tobyS,

This is not a service issue, its down right wrong and customer abuse! Whatever happen to the customer is always right and customer satisfaction?

shawnshumvee

I just read all of this. It seems the problem is that you told them you could NOT pay for it. I would have put you in default too. they probably deal with hundreds of folks each day and get tired of folks doing this. After all, don't you only need an email address to bid?
I hve seen this situation where the second highest bidder loses, then places a bid on another item. Now, they won't buy the second chance, because they are winning another listing. It just causes lots of problems. Didn't you agree to the default fee before ever bidding on their auctions?
Well, the problem is i said .."I don't think i can pay for this" or ,something to that affect. make no mistake about it, it wasn't an issue not having the money, it was having the money in time, but then it escalated to a clear case of breach on contract do to some silly (to be nice) rep at GP. this rep had no right to put me into default before I even defaulted! NO MATTER WHAT. So you would put me into default also? who really care what you would do and well at least we know what kind of person you are. I agreed to the rules as they was at the time. Not aware of the change do to the poor effort GP exercised of notifying its customers which is there responsibility. Nevertheless, I understand rules and what not, There is people who are just lowlives and what not, So Gp's answer to these type of people is zero tolerance FOR ALL!, that hurts the honest people. Because what you and GP don't understand is that there will be issue its life can't avoid them there should be a level of understanding to some degree. It was a human mistake and they acted like i was a nobody. Well all I can say is if a company treat customers this way they won't be in business for long and I'm not the only person GP has crapped on. Just wait until it happens to you ( if you by from GP?) and it will and when it does we will see if you will be singing a different tune!

P.S Did you check your head lights for fluid?

shawnshumvee

While we're wandering off topic:

"I'd rather fight it out in court" are the words of someone who has never been to court. At the point it goes to court, it's already a loss. Even when you win, you eat the attorneys fees.... you going to spend $350/hr to fight them over $1500? That won't end well....
98G really? To the one who apparently gets offend easily, rights such a comment? Ok. There is a word for That. But lets just say this was a real case meaning it was happing, First off I'm the plaintiff (no need for and lawyer) It's clearly a breach on contract and since the burned of proof would be on me, not to hard to prove. Plus they would have to come to my turf and the big question is... "would they?" And last, I wouldn't be going for $1,500. Its the lost and treatment I would be seeking.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G really? To the one who apparently gets offend easily, rights such a comment? Ok. There is a word for That. But lets just say this was a real case meaning it was happing, First off I'm the plaintiff (no need for and lawyer) It's clearly a breach on contract and since the burned of proof would be on me, not to hard to prove. Plus they would have to come to my turf and the big question is... "would they?" And last, I wouldn't be going for $1,500. Its the lost and treatment I would be seeking.
My first hand experience says it's a losing proposition. Even when you win, you lose. Of course, your speculation trumps my experience...

The biggest mistake I see that you made was that you called them before thinking it through. Their rep's position is that you stated an intention not to pay, and they placed you in default.

If you read the links with my examples, you'll see that this is standard behavior on the part of GP. I called them on it when they had relisted a truck the next day, before the time frame for payment had even expired. (I had been outbid on it, and then the winner defaulted).

Is it good customer service? Of course not. Is it legal? The courts seem to think so. My opinion and yours hold no standing. The only one that counts is the courts....

I'm going to comment on the comparison made between stating an intention to speed tomorrow and getting a ticket for it today... it's more like stating an intention to shoot someone, while reaching under your jacket.

I reiterate my suggestion to wire the funds to GP. give it a bit, then call and complain your account shows default. They'll look, see payment in full, and restore the account. (My best guess)

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Options you have -

1) Take no action. Your account remains locked, you keep your $$, this sale doesn't proceed, and you can't buy from GP in the future.

2) pay the $1500. This sale doesn't proceed. Your account is reinstated, so you have a chance to do it again. You feel cheated and resent it.

3) Get GP to take payment for this purchase. Your account is reinstated. You may feel that you "won".

I like options 1 and 3. You stated a preference to proceed with this transaction. That makes option 3 the obvious choice.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused...you keep saying you had the money, so money wasn't the issue, then why didn't you just wire the money?
If you said you couldn't pay and they marked the acct in default before the 3 day period expired, that's wrong.
Of that's the case...send wan email to customer service and get a manager involved....the reps are not the greatest, I'm not going puke all the issues I have had, but I made some calls and sent some emails and I've worked it all out.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the problem is i said .."I don't think i can pay for this" or ,something to that affect. make no mistake about it, it wasn't an issue not having the money, it was having the money in time, but then it escalated to a clear case of breach on contract do to some silly (to be nice) rep at GP. this rep had no right to put me into default before I even defaulted! NO MATTER WHAT. So you would put me into default also? who really care what you would do and well at least we know what kind of person you are. I agreed to the rules as they was at the time. Not aware of the change do to the poor effort GP exercised of notifying its customers which is there responsibility. Nevertheless, I understand rules and what not, There is people who are just lowlives and what not, So Gp's answer to these type of people is zero tolerance FOR ALL!, that hurts the honest people. Because what you and GP don't understand is that there will be issue its life can't avoid them there should be a level of understanding to some degree. It was a human mistake and they acted like i was a nobody. Well all I can say is if a company treat customers this way they won't be in business for long and I'm not the only person GP has crapped on . Just wait until it happens to you ( if you by from GP?) and it will and when it does we will see if you will be singing a different tune!

P.S Did you check your head lights for fluid?
I doubt they will miss your business .
I also don't see Richie Bros. aka Iron Planet aka GovPlanet going anywhere , seeing as Richie brothers is one of the biggest heavt equipment and truck auction companies in the world and has been around since 1958. And I don't seeing the DLA dropping them with the option for 3 extensions left in their contract.

[DLA Exercised first of four extensions on IronPlanet’s exclusive surplus rolling stock contract. On August 8, 2016, IronPlanet announced that the U.S. Department of Defense’s Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) had executed its option to extend its Commercial Venture 4-Rolling Stock (CVR-4) contract. This is the first of four one-year extensions and comes after a successful launch and two-year partnership that has returned three-times prior proceeds to the DOD. ]

Last edited:

mdss

Interesting, have purchased multiple items through GP and never had an issue. they are in my opinion more on the conservative side when it comes to issues that may or may not be stated. The only problem I have is how long the Euc takes haha but I guess that is just first world problems?? Thanks for the info, maybe the reason I have not had an issue is I do business with GP through my business and not as an individual. Who knows!!

mdss

I agree with you 100% I lost 4 auctions by another bidder running the price up so high it was not worth it. Then the next week guess what? It is back up for the buy it now price because a bidder defaulted on the item. I think that is the main reason Gov planet decided not to take credit cards higher than 5k as anything higher than 5k really starts hurting the bottom line especially when they default. All the time we spend researching, calling getting shipping bids before auction day. Think about the time and money GP spent getting the items ready just to have someone who can not afford it come in win it at a crazy high price then default.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problem I have is how long the Euc takes haha but I guess that is just first world problems??!!
No, first world problems would be buying so many groceries they all can't fit into your refrigerator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A

The EUC delay is Government Bureaucracy problems that even the most third world nations have thanks to... well, political rant off. :soapbox:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks