• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G.L. Tips for better customer service

SouthwestUSA

#1. Not many G.L. locations are easy to find upon the first adventure out to a military base for pick-up of a winning bid. I had a devil of a time at Fort Bliss several days ago. My contact at G.L. basically told me to go to "Bell Street". Once I got onto Fort Bliss, I stopped and asked several soldiers and three civilian employees if they knew where Bell Street or Government Liquidation was located... Nobody had a clue.

If Government Liquidation would supply a map on the invoice, this would help. Or at least a lat/long where it is a customer needs to go. Either of my two Garmin GPS units (one from my airplane, the other one purchased at Walmart) would have gotten me to within 9 feet of their front door.

Also, GL needs to understand that many of us have to travel a long way and/or have to schedule time off from work in order to pick up an item... The 10 day removal isn't "generous" enough and although they have a "grace period" I'm sure, they need to be a little more flexible in this policy.

Last, it is impossible to ask someone at the facility where the specific goods are located, a question by e-mail. If and when an invoice is paid and submitted to the purchaser, G.L. should have a provision to send directly to the site, an e-mail.

I shot machine guns in Vietnam and I don't hear very well. I received a call from a G.L. employee from Fort Sill - to set up my appointment to pick up a number of MEP-002A generators I won and a very large amount of ammo cans and air-tight containers. I thought she said "is 2 o:clock good for you? but she said 10 o:clock" as I was talking to her and standing next to a noisy forklift at Fort Hood picking up another load. I arrived at Fort Sill at 11:15 just to check in. The female employee there (I think the site manager) was EXTREMELY rude (I suspect she was fuming because she thought I was an hour an 15 minutes late..) An e-mail for the appointment time would have avoided this error.

Lastly... The G.L. website is very difficult to view on a laptop screen. Half of their website is empty on the right-hand side. When I travel I use a small laptop. When I am at home, even on my large screen for my "big" computer the screen isn't filled from side to side...

I have other ideas for improving Customer Service... but that is for another day.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Government Liquidation does have a map/directions section on their website to get to their location. Accuracy is more or less accurate to the area but nothing beats being observant and arriving early. I just made a long run to Hood and it paid off.

When it comes to the removal of property it is up to the lot manager's discretion to allow more time or not. I have been to many Government Liquidation sites and was always given more time or assistance when loading out lots. Again, it pays to notify them ahead of time or as soon as you know.

I'm not defending Government Liquidation but rather sharing my experiences. Alas some forklift damage did occur but overall it was a pleasant experience. Also howdy! to a long time lurker.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have to ask somebody on base for directions, tell them you're trying to get to the DRMO. Most people on base know where the DRMO is but haven't even heard of GL. Every GL lot I've been to is located in or beside the DRMO lot.

SouthwestUSA

On the numerous occasions when I've clicked on this feature, I always get a reply "not found".
And I don't recall seeing directions on the invoice, only the phone number to the site where the the items are stored.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My philosophy is always arrive early but I do understand the hearing issues. I spent a lot of time around F4s and F14s.

Using DRMO is a good tip. Don't use the address for Smyrna, TN. You'll end up at the TNG base.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks