• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 preservation

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was too funny not to share. I received a picture from the director of the museum. Just a picture, no context.

IMG_3931.jpg

It appears my good deed to ask for a picture of George in front of the radar dome set off the alarms and triggered the security team. I guess I should have warned security that a truck from the 50's might pull up outside the gate. If you visit the dome, it will be known. Shortly after the security pic......I get the real pic from the new owner out doing good deeds. George the 11/7/56 M135, 113505503 at the 1963 Alsask joint U.S./ Can. radar dome around 40 years after the last Early Deuce would have served at the dome. Happy 40th George!

image0000.jpg

I also received pics from some wild drone pilot camped at the G749 farm. The swamp has never looked so blue.

Resized_IMG_20240608_2102056.jpgResized_IMG_20240608_2101037.jpgResized_20240608_205725.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cameras now are everywhere.

We can run, but there's no more hiding.

:naner: :doghead: :naner:

Don't get me started on cameras......ooops, you did. The dome cameras are also set up with two way comms. The director can speak to folks near the site. Imagine sneaking down a side road to empty some water only to have a voice from no where tell you to put it away. It's also easier to calibrate cameras when subjects stay 6 feet apart.

.......Talk about staying 6' feet apart........ It turns out.....Gracie........wasn't shacked up with a new guy. It just so happens...... Gracie.......was shacked up.........with another M207. Gracie.......has a sister....just a little more than 100 apart out of the delivery room. George had to be parked 6 feet away just to keep the herd from multiplying. Gonna need a fire truck to keep those three apart.

g749fam.jpg

You can see from the pics the 'other' M207 had some........enhancements. Looks like she's open to talk about it so when the steam comes back off the pasture, we'll ask for some......well.....more revealing photos. This thing comes right out of the middle of the old crank. Any of the other girls have anything like this?

207winch.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks