• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA area junkyard pic's

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto did not bring his camera. I will be back there hopefully before my Honduras trip at the end of the month so pic's will be coming in the next few weeks. :wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nope. Couldn't find the camera as I left the house. But there are pics posted here on SS, do a search for Shirleys

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, bet they want $15,000 for the M108. Any luck scamming parts off the M275? Jim, in your travels I'm in need of the M108 hoist block. I have pics I can send you of it>

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:shock: M38A1's? When are we going back ?!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably in 2-3 weeks, think the bent 108 parts may be cheap-er. Had 3-4 M38A1's.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny i'll need a pic and I am trying to work a deal on the 275 stuff from one of their 3. :shock:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No dueces were getting scrapped-yet. If one had a 40-50's dodge and wanted spare engine/trans/T/C now would be the time to go.

citizensoldier

If any of you southern guys can save some of this stuff it would be great. I am just to far away to do anything about it right now. But I would be interested in buying that M152 Dodge if someone could get a price and drag it to a safe place.. It should have a 251 flathead with a ACME trans in it. Not sure anything else on it is savable but maybe the axles and T case. Scrap price should be around $500..

bkwudzhom

I work 5 mins from SECO in augusta. I will be more than happy to help any one out that is comming through.Just PM me ahead of time. Between the full time and the part time job I gotta plan ahead. Rember Masters week is here next week. Traffic will be a
mother @ I20 & Washington RD.
BK

Blythewoodjoe

If any of you guys are going to SECO in a few weeks post it here. I haven't been in a year or two. Does he still have the two old half tracks or the 25 pounder guns from the Sextons? I haven't been back in a while because I am too broke to buy anything. And just to make some of you sick, they scrapped probably 35 or so M75 APC's two years ago. I have a few videos on Youtube of one of my trips. I'll post a link to them later and if I can find some pictures I will post them too.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the half tracks will be gone very soon. It did not look like there was much left to save though. I did not see any guns, but were probably there. They were only junking rusty stuff at this time. The APC's, I was told they could not sell at 5K no one wanted them, that's why they were scrapped. :roll: (still have 3-4 M75's)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks