• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA MVPA Spring Rally Cleveland/Helen GA 7-8 May 2010

feldmarshal

trails

There are several main trails in the area. Chattahoochee head of the river trail one mile north of helen, starts out paved then dirt,good road,can split off and come out on hwy 75 north at county line steep downhill to get back to helen. Tray mtn road, four miles north of helen on right loops around to 5 miles northeast of helen at my house, good road on far side of mtn , rough on this side, This is forest rd 79, i'll look up the other rd numbers, I know they went over tray last rally and several camped here, can't remember who other than m818.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like mules will be display at the resort only, otherwise we have to triler them to the trails and if we use forest service roads then we stand the chance of being fined. FS roads require tagged vehicles, done been through that.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OOPS me again, I like the ride into Helen, they got an attitude with us some years ago because we did not represent what the "town" wanted. I say it is a public road, should be fun to put a lot of green and bigger green in town, expecially as a group........

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know that if I go, I'll be driving the deuce. Just got to see how the schedule works out for that weekend.
Oh lordy, always one excuse or another out of this one :p

feldmarshal

helen

The helen bunch shouldn't complain , they have bunches of motorcycles riding around town every weeked. Sorry if you caught any flak last time.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is this event replacing the Fall rally in September or are there 2 Ga. MVPA rallies this year?

Capt.Marion

Nope- there are two GAMVPA Rallies this year.

The fall one is 17-18 September at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nope- there are two GAMVPA Rallies this year.

The fall one is 17-18 September at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw.
We aren't doing the place in Alpharetta again? I thought 98% of us were happy with that American Legion outfit?

Capt.Marion

Evidently it was time to try somewhere different. It seems like we go on 2-3 year rotations... there were some politics involved too, I think.

Quite frankly I really liked the Alpharetta location as it was all of 3 turns and 3 miles from my house...

Jimma

Coming to Helen

I will be coming with my family and brining our Deuce. Looking forward to having a great time. I made my reservations today.:p

Capt.Marion

I'm going to be going up Friday after lunch and staying at a Helen hotel, I figure that will be easier to manage than trying to leave at 5:00 AM Saturday and still have enough energy for the drive home that evening...

Jimma

Staying at the Resort

If you stay at the resort where the rally is you pay for 2 nights the 3rd is free. So we are coming in on Thursday night and making a long weekend out of it. Not too bad 3 nights for $150 at a nice place with a private cabin / bungalo for the family.

Capt.Marion

While we can't do three nights, a cabin is only a few bucks more than a hotel, and it's closer, too, so I'm going to call and see if I can't get one tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks