• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ga (Warner Robbins) to NH

xmission

Have you made the Trek down south? I may be able to assist as you approach this end or after you get up here.
Just got the trucks the Saturday before last.

I'm in Francestown. Hi Neighbor! Maybe if I ever get them registered, I'll see you on the road.

xmission

So you're waiting on your SF-97 too, huh? :p

Oh Yeah.

I called the State of NH DMV, and they led me to believe that I wouldn't need an sf-97 (although I knew better, I can always hope). They said that I could not title them (due to age), but I could register them.

So I called the town, and they said that I only needed a police officer to verify the Vin#s (which they did very quickly). I took the Paid in Full Invoice to the town, and probably would have gotten them registered, except that the clerk could not find American General in the database. She called the state DMV, and a different person told her that I had to title them due to the fact that they have 3 axles. The clerk tried to title them using AMGEN in the database (from memory), and then I heard her mumbling something about "exempt". She said it a few times, and I asked if there was a problem. "They come up as exempt, and cannot be titled" :)

Anyway, I had already applied for the SF-97s, and hope that takes care of it, but they are now looking for a GS-97 whatever that is :)

We'll see if I can persuade them to accept the SF-97!

Carl_in_NH

I got NH titles on both my trucks - too old to title normally, but my town found two triggers (as did I when I looked up the laws on the NH DMV web site); weight is one trigger, and three axels is the second trigger. Bottom line is these trucks must be titled in NH. Get your SF-97 - because when the dust settles you will need it for the title application. Depending on the clerk you get - both at Town Hall and the DMV in Concord - you may get various answers. If you keep asking long enough, you'll find you need the title for a deuce. It doesn't cost a lot - more in time and aggravation than money.

I went with regular plates - as I didn't want all the restrictions that come with antique plates. It costs more money to do so, but then you can use it as a truck instead of being restricted to special events.

Truckie

The Antique plates in NH do not restrict movment in NH; there is nothing in the RSAs that indicate that there is any restrictions at all.

airmech3839

I am near Warner Robins and could assist if you decide to do the recovery yourself and would be willing to help drive if necessary. Always ready to help and there are plenty of us members along the way too!!

Tracy
706-799-8225

Carl_in_NH

The Antique plates in NH do not restrict movment in NH; there is nothing in the RSAs that indicate that there is any restrictions at all.
I could be wrong - it has happened a time or two in the past (just ask my wife), but that wasn't my understanding. I'll have to go have another read through the rules. Given travel to MA and other states from time to time it probably suits my needs better to not have antique plates on the trucks.

KPSanborn

xmission, talk to Larry Damour over in Weare. I'm pretty sure he has the correct tow bar you could, rent, borrow, or buy. He should be in the phone book.

KPSanborn

NH Title discussion

NH RSA's state: Section 261:4-a

261:4-a Antique Motor Vehicle; Certificate of Title. – Nothing in RSA 261:3 or RSA 261:4 shall prohibit the department from issuing a certificate of title for an antique motor vehicle upon the request of the vehicle owner. The commissioner shall adopt rules, under RSA 541-A, relative to the issuance of a certificate of title for an antique motor vehicle. Source. 2002, 253:2, eff. July 16, 2002.

Plain speak: If you want to title your antique vehicle, you can. I have done this when I sold a truck out of State that it was going to help the new owner with his registration process.:p

cten

Simple fact is these trucks are out of the norm for most local goverments and DMV's and they are inconsistant in handling. They are just lost. Be patient, do your home work and play dumb all at the same time.

I live in MA and take mine to my other house in Barnstead all the time. Maybe we will pass each other some day.

Good luck in the process.

Truckie

I could be wrong - it has happened a time or two in the past (just ask my wife), but that wasn't my understanding. I'll have to go have another read through the rules. Given travel to MA and other states from time to time it probably suits my needs better to not have antique plates on the trucks.
That is a good point that I had not considered - not that I plan on taking the deuce to Mass.. it may restrict my movement out of state with the antique plates:!:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in Warner Robins. I would be happy to help anybody recover anything from Warner Robins. I can park trucks and equipment on my property for as long as you like. Oh and notice its Robins not Robbins. Us local yokals prefer our name to be spelled correctly:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks