• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GAMVPA Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet Sept 19-20

Capt.Marion

This year, the GAMVPA's Fall Rally will be held 19-20 September (Friday and Saturday), at the American Legion Post 201 in Alpharetta, GA. http://legion201.org/

Just to sum up the attached flyer, swap meet, MV displays, and concessions on-site. General admission is free, MVs free, Vendors free, and Camping + RVs are free, too.

This is a great location, with lots of space, so come one, come all!
For more info, either get in contact with our president, Tony Castagno (contact info on flyer) or shoot me a PM.

For you geeky guys like me, the coordinates of the Legion Post are
34° 4'27.30"N
84°18'43.86"W

Attachments

hopkins92

Line Drawing of Post 201 Site

Thanks, Ken and Michael, for uploading the flyer and satellite photo. Now, can somebody produce a line drawing of that site so we can use it to plan the rally layout?

If that's not possilble, how about a higher resolution satellite image that I can crop and blow up to 8 x 10? I'm not well-versed in downloading these satellite images. Once I get the image, I can tinker with it in one of my photo editing programs.

hopkins92

Good Images

Thanks, C. Those images are looking good, but I need to pan out a little and show the streets on the east and south sides. There is a main entrance on Wills Road and a back entrance through the little woods on the SW corner next to right field on Old Milton Pkwy/Rucker Road. We will be able to use both entrances. The hardcores can tent camp in the woods.

It would be great if you could e-mail them to me: hopkins3210 at@at yahoo.com or use the link in my profile.

hopkins92

2008 GAMVPA Fall Rally - Hotel List

Here are some hotels near the rally site. GAMVPA is not endorsing these hotels. I picked them from the internet and one of our nearby members reviewed the list and gave it a thumbs up. There are other hotels available.

Staybridge Suites
Alpharetta – North Point
3980 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Telephone: 770-569-7200
Fax: 770-569-4111

Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
10740 Westside Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Telephone: 770-640-5511
Fax: 770-640-0930

Comfort Suites
3000 Mansell Road
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Telephone: 770-645-6060
Fax: 770-645-9958

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Military Vehicles Magazine

Lookign forward to going-Can't go Saturday (wedding) but will be there Saturday with the Mule.

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: Military Vehicles Magazine

clinto said:
Lookign forward to going-Can't go Saturday (wedding) but will be there Saturday with the Mule.
Can't go Friday, but will be there Saturday, or vice-versa?

Either way, I look forward to seeing you there!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Military Vehicles Magazine

Capt.Marion said:
clinto said:
Can't go Friday, but will be there Saturday, or vice-versa?

Either way, I look forward to seeing you there!
wow rofl

Thanks Ken, I meant I would be there Friday.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Dash Plaques for MVs

clinto wrote:
Lookign forward to going-Can't go Saturday (wedding) but will be there Saturday with the Mule

clint, is this your wedding, if it is, i bet we can find a whole bunch of MVs to see you off. not starting of very good, calling her a mule

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Dash Plaques for MVs

Haha, nope, g/f's brother.

But good news, I was wrong on the date, so I will be there both days!

:beer:

123mack

Here are some items I am bringing. If anyone is interested, let me know
Left and right M35a2 fenders,vg 100.00
outer windshield frame M35/M54/ 800,vg 60.00
Stripped dash, came out of M818, will fit otthers ,vg 40.00
Battery box for 800 series, dirty but no rust holes 20.00
And for you engineer types, Thor mdl 75 rockdrill, appears to be little used 250.00. I might dicker or trade on this.
May add some more items later

Michael

Anybody got any idea if the turnout this year is going to be better than last year? I am undecided if I am going to go considering the price of fuel and the new DOT rules.

Capt.Marion

We are expecting around 50 trucks. I wasn't there last year, but I'd reckon there will be more than last year. Come on, we'd love to have you, and fuel will only cost more 'next time' anyways.

Michael

what new DOT rules just to ask?
Combination load involved in interstate commerce over 10,000 pounds require health card, DOT number, safety equipment, log book etc. My 7000 van and 7000 pound trailer = 14000. I believe GA passed laws to make it intrastate also.

joeM62

from what i was told by a friend of mine he is a state potrol he said that dot shouldn't mess with me or anybody as long as it's not business or over the the weight limit and if it is over the weight limit and you don't have CDL's for what your are driving the dot will get you, but everybody has told the police usely don't mess with pulling over a mv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks