• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GAMVPA Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet Sept 19-20

CCATLETT1984

Joe, FYI since you are "bringing things to sell" as far as a trooper is concerned you are a commercial vehicle. Now if you can pawn off the idea that you are "carrying spare parts" you'd be ok. Also read, Michael has a van and a trailer he'd be bringing not an MW.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I plan on being there Friday with all my worldly trade goods to include deuce fenders, OVM boxes, battery box covers (one new) and mounting brackets for all, doors, brand new west coast mirrors and a bunch of misc. parts.
I still have the plugs that go on the slave cable adaptors with the 11 foot cords on them, new in box.
Some stainless steel coils that would be good for alternative fuel production and some stuff that I bought from GL that is military related.
Has anyone asked if we can hooch up in our vehicles?
Will there be 24 hour security and access to rest rooms?
In addition, I wll have a genny trailer with metal bows (but no cover) that needs a good home.
I also have a 105 bed that was going on my bob deuce but I found a flatbed I like better so it will be on the block. It has been sandblasted and I painted it OD green...has a few small rust holes but is ready to go back on a trailer or on a bob job. $600.00 bottom line.

Capt.Marion

WM- You are more than welcome to make camp in your trucks. There will also be RV/Camper parking for those that wish. The Legion will have their bathrooms available for us to use, and I'm pretty sure they will be open 24 hours. I'll double check on security and get back to you. Just check on this thread occasionally.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,

Capt.Marion

Here you folks go:

Georgia Military Vehicle Preservation Association Rally Update

The date for our rally is fast approaching and here is some information that will help you prepare and what you can expect.

· The dates are Friday & Saturday September 19th & 20th from 10AM till 5PM each day.

· The location is on the grounds of the American Legion Post 201 located at

201 Wills Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004. You can't miss it (but some of you will!) just look for the GAMVPA signs and better yet the Dual 40mm gun located on the west side of Wills Road, north of the intersection of Wills Road and Old Milton Parkway.

· All participating military vehicles will be staged on the grass area located behind and to the left of the main Post building and NOT on the grass area in front of the tank and ball field.

· Vendors will be staged in the rear first row of the parking lot area directly adjacent to the grass area where the military vehicles will be park. This is extremely convenient since most vendors will have trailers or campers and won't have to worry about getting stuck in the muddy grass area in the event of a rainy weekend of previous day's rains.

· There will be 15 -20 slots available for trailers across the street at Wills Park that have been cleared for our use. Please use these spaces and then drive your military vehicle over to the Post.

· All visitors to the event will use the parking spaces off of the Wills Road entrance to the Post. We will use the parking spaces located behind the main Post building as an overflow if we need it.

· The Post will be holding their regular scheduled dances on Friday & Saturday evening. These are very popular and parking for these events are at a premium. This is why the rally will conclude at 5PM both days and why trailers should be left at Wills Park especially if you plan on an overnight stay. In case you were wondering, you must be a member in good standing of the American Legion to attend the dance.

· There will be a concession stand supported by the Post. They will serve breakfast and lunch (burgers, dogs, brat's, chicken tenders, etc). There are tables and chairs in a covered area for you to enjoy.

· There are washrooms connected to the concession stand building and portable units to supplement. For overnight guest there is a shower if your not staying at one of the local hotels.

· There will be trash cans distributed throughout the area provided by the Post

· The banners for the event will be put up along the fence in front of the Post this weekend announcing the event to the locals.

· An ad has been placed (3"x4") and will appear in next Wednesday's additions of the Johns Creek Herald, Milton Herald and the Revue & News which covers Alpharetta and Roswell. This will give us a total circulation of approximately 68,000! Look for it in your driveway.

Still waiting to hear back about overnight security...

Michael

Here is a list of some things I would like to pick up if I decide to go to the meet. I would like to buy or trade.

M109 shop van parts:

Ceiling lights I need all of them plus 1 extra for another truck.
Locking bar: The part that goes from the door handle and locks the top and bottom or I really just need to replace the whole door. In fact, I may just need to replace the whole box.
Heater
Power vent

M35 battery box
Alternator

Anybody interested in a 10 kw gas generator? I have 2 mounted on a trailer and one that was taken off to sell the trailer.

Attachments

butch atkins

M105 side,front, rear racks

anybody going to the GAMVPA,rally with a set of side ,front rear racks to sell,for a m105,still looking for a set ,have pmd couple of people on this site and no replys,have secured a set of roof bows at the ss rally in oct,bringing to rally approx,50 tms,fms for a lotof different subjects,a nos HOLLEY 885-FFG mod 602 carb for an early m35 with gas motor,some pc of exhaust ,for something military,various odds and ends,brought a truckload of m135 m211 stuff to the show last yr,didnt sell any off it,if anyone has awant list for m135 m211 got a huge lot of nos and used stuff,rare double drive pto unit fror m135 m211 series trucks,some 1960s car tags,will be at show sat am,see you there,em or pm for m135 m211 parts,thanks in advance

Greensteel37

RE: M105 side,front, rear racks

Myself and a buddy will be there Friday and Saturday, traveling from Birmingham. We'll be part of the Dixie Division contingent.

I'm always on the lookout for M-37 parts since I am fixing up my USAF '53 M-37. I am looking for a reasonably priced tailgate and the center hinge support, troops seat brackets, top bows, headache rack brackets, etc.

We'll have some military electrical wiring crimpers with us for sale and a smattering of other stuff.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a M35 tire and wheel if anybody has an extra. i will be there friday and saturday

rod

John,

If you and Russell want to convoy over with Kevin, Dad and me, we are going to meet at Crackel Barrel in Oxford (exit #188) at 7am Friday morning. we will grab a bite and then head over.

Greensteel37

That lines up good with our trip so we will see you at Cracker Barrel.

-John

rod said:
John,

If you and Russell want to convoy over with Kevin, Dad and me, we are going to meet at Crackel Barrel in Oxford (exit #188) at 7am Friday morning. we will grab a bite and then head over.

Greensteel37

If anyone has an M37 aircleaner assembly for sale at the meet, that'd be something I'd be interested in too.

I'm hoping someone will bring a stock M37 for me to photograph for more references. :)

1958 M274

I'm hoping someone will bring a stock M37 for me to photograph for more references.
I’ll probably drive my Dad’s M37 on Friday. I think squirt truck may have his there too. You’re welcome to take as many pictures as you want. See you there…

gary1978

I'm new to this Forum and am looking for an M35A2 to purchase. Do people often bring their MV to this swap meet to sell or do folks just tend to bring parts? Anyone know of any M35A2 that will likely be brought to this event for sale?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks