• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gas or Diesel?

russ81

I have a `59 Reo that I just finished bobing. The first question I have is should I keep the OA 331 gas engine, or swap out for a diesel? I don't know anything about this particular engine, and I don't know if it is worth spending the time and money on. Second question is if I do keep this old gasser, how available are the parts, and will I spend a fortune on rebuilding it if I have to?

Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would love to hear every ones opinion of this particular engine, and how it would perform in a bobed duce with 16 x 20 tires.........new wheels will arrive next week!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My opinion - drop in a diesel from an A2, and sell off the gas engine to someone restoring a gasser truck. I think you'll like the performance upgrade.

54reo

...another gasser gone...

Although, it is your truck and it looks like you did a good job. As stated above, sell the gasser to a collector.

beaubeau

Russ81, There are a number of Diesels U can put in that truck. U can put in a Cummins, 5.9 would fit nicely, U can put in an International DT360, which is a nice running engine and available in large #s." Schoolbus Motor",How about a" ScreamingJimmy", Detroit 6-71,Or even a Deutz 6 Cyl Turbo !!?? Also remember, it may cost a little more for Diesel, but U go further with a gallon of Diesel than a Gallon of gas. Good Luck, Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks