• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauges question

rodman68

Looks like I need to get a different adapter or buy a different set of gauges that has the correct adapter. Guess thats what I get for buying harbor freight should have purchased the sunpro, the sunpro has three different adapters the harbor freight had one. Anybody know what size thread that is and were to get them?

cmroles

I used Sunpro mini - gauges and istalled them in my dash cluster by removing the 4 wd light and low coolant light.
Do you have any pics of the install (or any other info)? I've been thinking of doing something similar to that. Do the Sunpro gauges bolt into the cluster housing and still fit behind the outer dash bezel?

My ideal setup would be Oil Pressure and Water Temp in the cluster (top 2 idiot light positions), and then put a 2" tach next to the voltmeter.

cmroles

I don't remember where I found this project page but I have ALWAYS wanted to give it a shot.

aftermarket gauge install - surface mounted
Interesting job he did with those gauges. I want to try to maintain the "stock" look but still give the dash a more useful set of instruments.

Where is the "4WD" idiot light mounted in a civy truck? I'd like to use those top 2 spots for gauges, and relocate the 4WD indicator.

rodman68

ok found a adapter gotta love ace hardware they had it in stock and it ran 4.29. Got it installed with the oil pressure gauge **** fitting started leaking oil along with the shut off valve by the external water bottle cant get either to guit. The temp gauge went up to around 145 and then it died not sure what happened with that!!!! I cant find the receipt for the gauges but I got to quit buying stuff at harbor freight

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks