• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GD 15 min rule?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont believe they have an OT rule. I bid on some computer crap before and lost out at 0 mins before auction close. (I guess it was under 1 minute left?).

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anybody is feeling brotherly, I'd like a PM also. I just like to look mostly. Besides I only can push her so far and I need a 5 ton, maybe another trailer and there is that generator set I gotta have!:roll:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use this site too. I also like to use the site that sells surplus to the public. They don't have a 15 minute rules either.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to spill the beans. www.govdeals.com Its not like its a secret. There is no 15 minute rule. It ends just like ebay. All the auctions are different because you are buying from different sellers. I buy police cars from there all the time. Not much military stuff but it does show up If this is not what your talking about then I have no clue.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lololololol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I should have figured it out by the "you really need to preview" comments!
But I didn't, someone had to spell it out :-?

Yep they end when they say it does.
I recall seeing descriptions that were way way way off! :rolleyes:

jaxsof

I can look at their stuff, but I cant bid. Seems they cant find my "physical address" which has stood here since 1909, 200 yards from the baltimore city line!

GL just cant seem to be able to hire anyone in HQ who has a glimmer of competence

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have bought some trucks thru govdeals,they are good to deal with.Most of there military trucks go for pretty high prices it seems.

ranchhopper

I usually get some nice old chevy pick ups and one ton trucks most coming from municipalities are low mileage but. Its buyer beware a lot are pretty beat up they put the GSA to shame with some of the beat up trucks they list.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
govdeals does not own the property being sold. They only list stuff owned by local governments. Its ebay for local govt.

mikeyapproved

Hey everyone.

Just looked at govdeals for the first time, and I would bet money that they bid up the auctions...

I have seen this on another popular site and the nprices on govdeals are was too uniform to be a real auction.

Bet they get a commission based on sold price.

Anyone here good at internet works could prob verify?? (hackers)

Just my opinion of course, but that's what 5 mins of looking at prices screams to me?:-x

mikey.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone.

Just looked at govdeals for the first time, and I would bet money that they bid up the auctions...

I have seen this on another popular site and the nprices on govdeals are was too uniform to be a real auction.

Bet they get a commission based on sold price.

Anyone here good at internet works could prob verify?? (hackers)

Just my opinion of course, but that's what 5 mins of looking at prices screams to me?:-x

mikey.
The individual agencies are the ones actually selling the items. I think GD charges a flat 7% fee for listing items. It's kind of like ebay for government agencies. I highly doubt GD is running up the bid but I wouldn't put it past some of the agencies.

ryan77

I bought a m1028a2 of gov deals low millage but the wiring was butchered but still got it for 2400 which i think is a fair price for a rust free dually!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks