• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeyore357

Is there a gear oil out there that can be used in the diffs, trans, and transfer safely? I have been reading and reading and I think my head is going to explode. I am planning a complete fluid change this weekend.

Flyingvan911

It seems SAE 50 is good. I am using NAPA GL-5 80W90 with no issues. Other guys use GL-1. Aswayze said when he switched from GL-5 to 50 weight his tranny seemed to shift a little smoother. I think changing it regularly and keeping everything lubed is more important than which one of the three you use.

eeyore357

Is the NAPA gear oil you're using yellow metal safe? I was going to go with Shell Spirax A 80W-90 but I can't find it anywhere local.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow, I doubt one more thread will help.

Read the lube order.

Deviate as you feel the need.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a gear oil out there that can be used in the diffs, trans, and transfer safely? I have been reading and reading and I think my head is going to explode. I am planning a complete fluid change this weekend.

The correct answer is, "yes".

Status
Not open for further replies.