• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator Shed Plans

stugpanzer

My problem with this set up is if you have to work on the set, you better be a midget. There is room to do a few things, but consider changing oil there. Or changing K1. I can not image how fun that would be. He should have given himself some more room. And if you live someplace COLD, some walls sure would have been nice. In my experience, when ever the darn thing breaks, the weather gods are looking down and laughing their butts off at you.
Agreed He has another video detailing a radiator change and also in the same video he shows how he put castors on his 802.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vjNxeSKpTQ&t=471s

Guyfang

Staff member
Agreed He has another video detailing a radiator change and also in the same video he shows how he put castors on his 802.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vjNxeSKpTQ&t=471s
Casters are a good idea. But then you need to extend your cabling, (aux fuel line?) or have quick disconnect capability.

I like his theory, but would argue about his execution.

Over the years I have discovered that no mater what you build, it always winds up as too small.

Gotta admit, pretty area, nice weather. Having pulled an engine out of a M-727 HAWK Self Propelled Launcher, (look that one up!) in a snow storm in the middle of a farmers field, the ability to do repair inside has distinctive draws for me.

Bmxenbrett

Are you running this set full time or only for testing/power outages? There prety quiet to begin with.

You should look into building a sound inclosure not a shed per say.

Ranger Danger

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I will be running it approximately 24 hours per month averaged out over 4 weekends along with week long times at holidays and vacation time. It will be for evening use primarily for charging batteries, microwave, heat in winter and a/c in summer. All of this will be for 5-7 years until I build a house. Then it will take up construction duties as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks