• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

genset loadbanks

Waukesha

I was able to source a Swift E Ultra 20KW load bank used through that online auction site for $500 shipped. Works great. As others have said, there's more cost effective ways to accomplish this task. I have an all gas house, and no space to store an electric stove, and live in an HOA neighborhood. I can't run a 55gal drum full of water, etc. Good luck!

shanekarl

I was able to source a Swift E Ultra 20KW load bank used through that online auction site for $500 shipped. Works great. As others have said, there's more cost effective ways to accomplish this task. I have an all gas house, and no space to store an electric stove, and live in an HOA neighborhood. I can't run a 55gal drum full of water, etc. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I have decided to wait for a 30kw or larger load bank. Hopefully ill run across one for a fair price in the next few months or so.

mrbearski

Purchased a MEP-003a a few weeks and am in the process of getting it going. Also working on building a load bank to be able to fully test it once running. From what I have acquired, I believe that I will be able to test all the way up to 17.4 kw in 500 watt increments all for an investment of about $250, plus whatever my son costs me to fabricate a case for it. Once done, I'll attempt to attach some pics.

Waukesha

The Swift E is a VERY good load Bank. Smaller, easy to transport. But the A427A is built like a beast. Its not something you can walk away with!.
As it goes, mine was actually damaged in shipping. I picked up the box (yes they shipped it in a cardboard box...) and noticed something was loose inside, and dents on the sides. I sent pictures to the seller and they promptly refunded my money and told me to keep it! I was able to reassemble the contactors and it works great. It's definitely NOT built like a tank. But it works :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks