• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Get Your Popcorn Ready: Unicorn ALERT

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weird thing is that this isn't the first A1P2 I've seen on the civilian market (and I'm not just talking about the Midwest Military 1083). I'm wondering if they are just going to sell them off like all the earlier trucks eventually. With the garrison glass installed it's not like it's truly armored. Splitting hairs but it aint no MRAP that can drive through a mud hut and shrug it off......

Still don't want that 4500 lb monster. The novelty wears off fast. It's just a HUGE amount of extra weight and less visibility. And you can't just install that without counter weights on the back of the truck and you don't have the massive electro-hydraulic lifting rams that lift and support and level it...... WAY more trouble than it's worth but someone is going to spend an asinine amount of money to get it anyway I'm sure.

I would say someone f*cked up somewhere. That is a VERY new cab. It has 5 point harness seats.

Would not surprise me if that auction gets pulled down before bidding or whoever wins doesn't actually get to buy it. My guess is this is a mistake on several levels. Probably shouldn't have gone to auction and probably should have been marked for destruction.

That should not have a DEMIL code of A. Even regular soft cab FMTV's have a DEMIL code of Q.

DEMIL code "A": "Items that have not been modified or redesigned and which are identical in design, structure, composition and utility to an equivalent item in the commercial market, will be coded DEMIL code "A". "

:cookoo:

Unless you consider that MME's truck being for sale is proof that they exist "on the commercial market" or did at one time. I guess one could make that argument. But then you definitely better be coding soft cab FMTV's as code A also. None of this makes sense.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

The weird thing is that this isn't the first A1P2 I've seen on the civilian market (and I'm not just talking about the Midwest Military 1083). I'm wondering if they are just going to sell them off like all the earlier trucks eventually. With the garrison glass installed it's not like it's truly armored. Splitting hairs but it aint no MRAP that can drive through a mud hut and shrug it off......

Still don't want that 4500 lb monster. The novelty wears off fast. It's just a HUGE amount of extra weight and less visibility. And you can't just install that without counter weights on the back of the truck and you don't have the massive electro-hydraulic lifting rams that lift and support and level it...... WAY more trouble than it's worth but someone is going to spend an asinine amount of money to get it anyway I'm sure.

I would say someone f*cked up somewhere. That is a VERY new cab. It has 5 point harness seats.

Would not surprise me if that auction gets pulled down before bidding or whoever wins doesn't actually get to buy it. My guess is this is a mistake on several levels. Probably shouldn't have gone to auction and probably should have been marked for destruction.

That should not have a DEMIL code of A. Even regular soft cab FMTV's have a DEMIL code of Q.

DEMIL code "A": "Items that have not been modified or redesigned and which are identical in design, structure, composition and utility to an equivalent item in the commercial market, will be coded DEMIL code "A". "

:cookoo:

Unless you consider that MME's truck being for sale is proof that they exist "on the commercial market" or did at one time. I guess one could make that argument. But then you definitely better be coding soft cab FMTV's as code A also. None of this makes sense.
Oh I wouldn't want one either. Cramped inside, crap visibility, way too nose heavy.

The first ones I saw hit the public were auctioned as "scrap" and a little bird told me that they ended up in people's hands.

Untitled01.jpg

*these had no glass, but intact dash, PDPs, and even Gen3 a/c evaporators, and clearly used takeoff units

The one on GP looks to be missing the a/c and gas pedal (and the pedal may be in the included box of goodies), but other than that it appears fully intact and NOS.

Agreed that the DEMIL codes are a bit of a joke in this light. Makes no sense now.

But yeah, popcorn at the ready. I'm betting it hit's near 20k. LOL

Last edited:

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one on GP looks to be missing the a/c and gas pedal (and the pedal may be in the included box of goodies), but other than that it appears fully intact and NOS.

Agreed that the DEMIL codes are a bit of a joke in this light. Makes no sense now.

But yeah, popcorn at the ready. I'm betting it hit's near 20k. LOL
It's not missing the AC per-se. It's a replacement cab (accidents happen), and as such you have to use parts from the old cab or order them separately. Same with the gas pedal. Why it comes with gauges..... 🤷‍♂️ My A1P2 seats came from a cab being scrapped because the truck was in an accident and the new cab came with new seats so the old seats were literally going in the dumpster - wrecked cab went to a local scrap metal facility to be destroyed.

Third From Texas

I was digging thru GP looking at cabs sold in the past.

Mostly I found HEMTT cabs, but they had the DEMIL code "A".

Was the HEMTT ever a civilian equivalent?

91e73474-96b9-464b-8501-f7afc63ad5a0.jpg

I can't locate a sold LMTV cab that had a government sticker on it to compare. It certainly could be true for the A0/A1/A1R trucks I guess (Steyr copies). But it makes me wonder if they just toss a "A" on all cabs now w/o looking further.. LOL

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems to me in reality that the cab is no different than our reg cabs to Uncle sam its not bullet proof /no armored panels bolted to it and no ballistic glass its just a little thicker metal i feel sure a greentip ss109 or a 308 would zip rite thru that cab metal like aluminum foil ! What scares me is i dont think i can rest that cab on my skull like the thin ones lol !

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and if anyone on here buys the thing send me the level o thingy that goes on the dash and i will send you some money ! ( i seen it in the box of stuff that comes with it )
You can buy them, straight from Rieker if you want. The part number is here in my spreadsheet in my signature.

I have a thread around here where I made a 3D printed mount for mine, that puts it right in the middle of the instrument panel (straight for the driver to see, instead of in the middle of the cab).

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy them, straight from Rieker if you want. The part number is here in my spreadsheet in my signature.

I have a thread around here where I made a 3D printed mount for mine, that puts it right in the middle of the instrument panel (straight for the driver to see, instead of in the middle of the cab).
That would be a better place to see it ! I have the cheap whamo brand levels glued to the the center dash but i dont like them ! The original is much bigger and better looking (more impressive looking )

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be a better place to see it ! I have the cheap whamo brand levels glued to the the center dash but i dont like them ! The original is much bigger and better looking (more impressive looking )
They are easy to find:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are easy to find:

LOL you wanted me to have to pay for it ?????? Think of my build like the fella at the bottom of the exit ramp selling news papers ! Its a shoe string budget with 24 kt taste lmao ! Thanks for the post i need to go ahead and order one just kept thinking one would pop up at a rally a lot cheaper than 70 bucks !

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL you wanted me to have to pay for it ?????? Think of my build like the fella at the bottom of the exit ramp selling news papers ! Its a shoe string budget with 24 kt taste lmao ! Thanks for the post i need to go ahead and order one just kept thinking one would pop up at a rally a lot cheaper than 70 bucks !
If you want to figure out your own mounting, etc and don't mind it being clear plastic instead of blackout plastic - this is the same thing from the same company:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I designed and printed this mount for mine incorporating a globe compass and a pitch meter.
IMG_20221204_123732.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Third From Texas

The last 1 sold for a 11 grand in march so 11 central today we see what this 1 fetches
Judging by just the people on the LMTV fb groups who have spoken up that they will be bidding (some quite seriously explaining why it will warrant paying untold fortunes for it), and factoring in the point-of-compass profit flippers seeing a potential quarter-million-dollar truck with it, and the people who are holding their cards close to the vest....it's going to be a long and stupid auction.

I revise my $20K and think it could see $30K now. LMAO

Popcorn is cooking now....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks