• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a MEP-016C going

patrick duggan

I picked up a MEP-016C the other day at a local auction. I didn't give much for it but the more I dig I'm starting to wonder if I bought a pile of parts.

There was a mouse hotel inside the control box with some of the wiring chewed up and a little corrosion (doesn't look too bad though).

What I'm working on right now is getting it running. This thing has been sitting for some time and had a bunch of stale gas in it. I drained the gas, cleaned the sediment bowl ( I didn't see a sediment bowl in the TM so I wonder if this is a civilian mod), added new gas, checked the oil, and tried to crank it.

I hooked up the slave cable and my first problem was when I hit the start switch all I got was a click. after fooling with it I finally got it to crank. I could start and run it on ether but could never get the sediment bowl to fill with gas so I'm not getting fuel. I tried to find the fuel priming procedure in the TM but I haven't seen it. Did I just overlook it or is it self priming? If it's self priming I'm wondering if my fuel pump is bad. I ran it for a good 30 seconds on ether but still no fuel to the carb.

After all this I guess my starter has played out. Now I don't get anything when I hit the start switch. I've pulled the starter and am going to have the local starter shop have a look at it.

This is my first experience with military gensets so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done the search and found out a little info on the 016C but not a whole lot.

I'm also looking for the engine manual (TM 5-2805-203-14 I think). None of the usual sources seem to have it.
did you find a manual thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Posting the same thing in more then one thread is not allowed. I would suggest that you start your own thread on your generator set. These threads are old and sometimes you do not get the visibility you need.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks