• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting Unstuck, By Myself... Vol 1 :)

frodobaggins

I got into my ditch in the back yard and dug out about 60 BFRs.
I put them under the front tires, and added some dirt to pack.

I let the jack and a few timbers down, and to my amazement, it didn't
sink back in.

SO... I get back in the truck, start her up, warm it up.. put it in low..

And the damn thing won't budge ! So I rocked it back and forth for
two or three minutes and finally realized... I'm not in 6 wheel drive.
I was so excited, I forgot to engage the front !

So I engaged the front and... it still wouldn't come out. So I rocked it
a few times and then got pissed and hammered it. She came out and
when she got traction, I nearly went through the windshield ! :oops::!:rofl

After that, I took it for a joy/test ride. Steering is a little funny, I sure hope
it's the mud... But one tire does look cocked to me. However, I will need to
get on my flat driveway in the daylight to really look her over.

And of course, nopics
so here ya go:

Attachments

Flea

You've got a lot of extra weight being thrown in all directions with mud on everything. I'd give it a good pressure-washing before you worry about funky steering. I'd be willing to bet that everything will be back to normal once all the junk is off of it.

frodobaggins

You've got a lot of extra weight being thrown in all directions with mud on everything. I'd give it a good pressure-washing before you worry about funky steering. I'd be willing to bet that everything will be back to normal once all the junk is off of it.
I sure hope so !

OK ... I have to ask the question .. why is it so soft where you were driving .. The thing that comes to my mind is when I screwed up while clearing up about 30 long pines that went down in Hurricane Fran several years ago I discovered where the septic drain fields were by sinking a farm tractor into them.

I hope you didn't "find anything" like I did.

Nice job gettin her out though.

vinny-socom1

WOW now thats a real effort to get unstuck I would have gave up and called for help..then again I don't have ndt's on my trucks so I haven't been stuck yet...

Kenny I was just reading a tech manual about the timber and chain on the front tires and it also showed how to use the rear rims/tires as a winch too. pretty neat!!! I found a Surplus store that has a whole bunch of those tech manuals so I bought a couple.

Vinny

frodobaggins

OK ... I have to ask the question .. why is it so soft where you were driving .. The thing that comes to my mind is when I screwed up while clearing up about 30 long pines that went down in Hurricane Fran several years ago I discovered where the septic drain fields were by sinking a farm tractor into them.

I hope you didn't "find anything" like I did.

Nice job gettin her out though.
Don't know why it was so soft, it was never tilled there, and I looked, no old
septic or anything, but sunk anyway.

Now that area has a few hundred pounds of rock about 1 foot deep,
and they are staying there.

Hoping that will harden it up :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, was it FM 20-22? If so, what year and how much. If they are dirt cheap I'd like to get a stash to hand out to folks.

SR71BLACKBIRD

I guess im lucky. Im in Ohio and if i get stuck I would probably call Stretch, If he cant winch me out his crane truck will lift me out and set me down in the clear.

BMCUSNAVY

This is the perfect excuse that you need to present to the wifey, why you need a second deuce...... yeahhhhhh..... Incase one gets stuck, you have the other to help get the other out....... see my madness or should I say excuse..... It works. I have a 72 & an 83. Now I need the winches for both.....:-D

frodobaggins

This is the perfect excuse that you need to present to the wifey, why you need a second deuce...... yeahhhhhh..... Incase one gets stuck, you have the other to help get the other out....... see my madness or should I say excuse..... It works. I have a 72 & an 83. Now I need the winches for both.....:-D
I already told her I'm buying a five ton.
However, I have to finish paying off this one, my trailer, and my $2k
worth of tools I bought first.

I rather like keeping my house :)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I agree. As soon as she's all cleaned up it will be ok. I hope you have your own washer or don't get caught at the local car wash - they don't like this stuff - ask Rat. :)