• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert Show Stuff

Srjeeper

Place is packed!!!!!!!!

There all day settin up and helpin others get set up and the place is packed.

There's vehicles of every shape & size, tracked and wheeled, artillery, vendors wall to wall ready to deal.

If you can't find what you want or need here, they haven't made it yet!

Weather is going to be nice, and this is by all indications the BIGGEST Gilbert Show EVER.

Come on down and see for yourself.....we'll be lookin for ya..:beer:

WPNS421

Was there on Friday and it was awesome, even though it was early there were a lot of people and I have a feeling Saturday is going to be big. Got my new M274 Mule home safe and sound. Will post pictures.

Xs10tial

What a fantastic show! Bought a tow bar, finally. Loved seeing all of the cool vehicles and felt like a kid in a candy store for most of the day. Oh, and to whoever was firing off the artillery in the parking lot: first, thanks for waiting until my truck got by you before firing, and second, thanks for bringing rounds and sharing with the crowd. That made my day!! I'll post some pics when I get back.

WarrenD

And I'd like to add my thanks to Jim Gilmore for listening to my request last year to face the MVs in the display area toward the fence. The Photos were GREAT! Only problem, there are a ton of them to process, so it'll be a few days. Lots of weasels, too, 7 at last count. Not sure if that's a record for Gilbert, but I'd guess it's close.
Great show, great folks. Thanks to Mike and Bill for letting me hang out at the Dawghouse for a while.

Last edited:

Srjeeper

My Gilbert After Action Report....

First off the weather was great this year. Rained a bit thursday afternoon & evening, but Friday and Saturday's weather was perfect.

Crowd both days was large, but everybody got to see most everything and everyone they would have wanted too. What I saw of the many vendors in attendance, they all seemed to be doing a steady business both days.

As for vehicles, the turnout was very good in that dept. also. Trucks, tracked, big & small wheeled it was all there. The folks that brought out their Artillery put on a great display for everybody also.

The 'Dawghouse' was a busy place too with friends from far and wide showing up to visit and help with the display. WarrenD made the 4hr. trip down, geared up, hung out and took a boat load of pictures I'm sure will be incredable. Glipp, Bsmith, Jlipp, TerryW. and a bunch of old vet friends of mine made things real interesting for everybody that came by.

So to wrap this all up I want to thank everybody that took the time to stop in and check the show out. Those of us in the Redball really do appreciate your intrest and support. While I'm sure there were mistakes made, everybody in the club did their best and will continue to try and make our shows better in the upcoming years.

I especially want to thank all our SS friends and MTA friends old and new that came by and helped make this weekend such a success.

Good friends always makes for a great time..[thumbzup]

Sephirothq

I have a few pics from the show that i want to post later. There where alot of neat trucks and other equipment there. I think the WWII stuff out numbered the newer stuff.

rickf

I originally posted this in last years thread by mistake.:oops:

Hi gang, If anyone found a Gerry can spout, USGI issue< on the picnic table behind the ice cream stand it was mine. I had a senior moment and walked off and left it. That was around 15:30 hours on Sat. I will gladly pay postage if you have it.

Rick

5tonpuller

It was GREAT !!! Got to meet Maddawg308, Doghead again and some others. I got there late but it was well worth the trip. Picked up a few things. Got to look at some GREAT vehicles. Even fell in love with a few (wife had some tissue to wipe up the drool) AND I was reminded the we had a small jeep to ride in and to stop spending. Thanks a TON JT.

Sephirothq

There was a vendor selling some ammo and such up there on the main strip as you walked into the show and made a right hand turn they had a table on the left past the drop side deuce for sale on the right. I would like to get in touch with him / them.

Does anyone have an idea who that might be??

thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're home. What a great show!

Thanks to all who contribute to such a nice show.

Good to see everyone there.

Already looking forward to next year.

lindyp38

I wanna thank ...matt.....mark.....ken....bill......for helping me through this new purchase.........

The show was great..i wanna see that again....next year.......

I feel i got some great deals on parts.....and wish i had more money to spend....

I met some nice vendors who were helpful....and provided me with some high quality parts.....

Last edited:

Sephirothq

I have nothing to do with that truck but for those interested it was a 1966 winch, dropside, hardtop. there was some rust on the truck but it looked ok.
they were asking 6k.

HAWKMAN

Wasn't mine.....though I did enjoy seeing everybody. I missed the fellow that was "enjoying" the cool morning air! but glad to hear he is OK. this is always a most enjoyable event and I did have fun.......I guess Sussex is the next one....see you all there!!:D