• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Girlfriend in the next town

coachgeo

Use that stuff to soak the injectors or pour in top of cylinders? I put the marvel in cylinders to soak top side of rings and pistons. I haven't done anything with injectors
hhh..... my bad.... miss understood... though any of those would be good for soaking cylinders if you chase it with Marvel to prelube before running engine.... and change oil cause an of them will contaminate your oil.

dmetalmiki

OOOOH..Errrr.. OO..K.. (So), What you can and can't do....Humph!.. then picture this in y'er 'bonce.
Recovery scammell, and 30 ton tasker trailer........Desert Cammo.......oooo..k. so far?
A Bored BUT proud Barely 18 years old squaddie...Mebb'e wi' juss' a 'touch' (?) a' O.C.D.!.
Then, A day or so later....A few cans of ( Acquired ), desert cammo ( And a few cans of white paint..)...some red...
And our HUGE UGLY Recovery Tractor and trailer...is...
A 'lovely shade' of HIGHLY reduced cream Cammo!
Every wheel nut is...White!..The safety bolts and all grease nipples (Zerks)..Are...BRIGHT RED circled.
Brutal TWIN spotlights (From a Centurion Tank AFVR) are front mounted.
My 'outfit' is.."hidden in the company spray shop".....Ready..and..Waiting.
Ring ring ring...." Urgent recovery" out on ######Road,
VROOM!!..doors open (Put your sun specs on people!).

S..T!! I forgot this is the day of THE big unit vehicle inspection team. ooops.
Still. got the 'work ticket' let's go...well, this route to revovery takes me past the O.C.s office..And of course THE dreaded RSM. regimental sergeant major.
We have a tank aboard of course so lot's of engine noise..
@@@@+++@@@@@@?????? ( Oh that's NOT the engine noise THAT's the rsm!). No worries CHECK the 'traffic'! to my left..HE is on the right!.
Round the office leading to the parade ground and to the way
out..oops..Here's the OC commanding.....HE is on my Left..He just LOOKS RIGHT!
There are whole groups of high ranking wo's inspecting lined up vehicles.
I drive past..and approach the parade ground....An M.P. with flag and radio in hand stops me.
WT@..Is all that????..he's on the radio...( I just look at the..worm...)..YOUR
ORDERED off the road GET OUT OF ++@@@@@ ''SIGHT!!!!
'Idiot' with near 90 tons of trucking?...

HA! spotted, a man with more badges of rank and badges than a memorabilia shop with a RED flag shouts "NO" get THAT outfit over here".
BOTH the RSM and OC seem to have 'disappeared' suddenly...
OK so I lined up with the other trucks..
"Over here"...."name, Rank" outfit?....info supplied.
The team advance on me and my outfit. and eye it up...
One 'senior' holding check sheet pad and pen Points to a MIDDLE wheel of eight on the ONE of TWO rear bogies of the trailer.
"Remove that please"....( HO HO HO thinks I ).
The mechanic team DO the business and about half an hour later the wheel is out..They then deflate and take apart that wheel!..( More Ho HO and a HE HE chucked in by I )..
The rims are BOTH clean, spotless AND painted RED!!!
They repeat this process on the Tow Tractor. Same Result.
Anyway..to make a long story short.. They followed with, Screens, wipers, tools, lights ( WT@@)??? (more jottings on the pads...), Tow hooks, ropes, chains, seats, You name it (if you can!)..they checked it.
GET THIS. "Apply the brakes"...I did..."AGAIN" ..I complied.
Whaaat??? I hear loud laughter cheers and some clapping?????
"Here soldier"..I comply..everybody is watching apparently..An officer hands a LONG MVI inspection sheet....tick, tick, tick,tick, 'Kin LOADS of ticks.
'CEPT ONE x.
99.% AND commendation folks.
The cross X? the laughter cheers and some claps? A fooki.. BRAKE LIGHT WENT OUT on the second application of the brakes!!.
A month later OUR squadron commanders land rover was seen to be...A Highly reduced cream cammo color!. with red..and white...

A month or so after that our squadron had seven recovery trucks same.
And they were named Lagre one first (And it was LARGE!),
Snow White. The rest in order grumpy, bashfull, dopey, happy, sneezy, sleepy.
My Scammell was named...?......... 'HAPPY'................

Rhino 5/4

We need pictures !!!!! lol were to old to have imagination and you know you will need 30/11 how u should have done its ! And light commentary as the ice starts to rattle in the empty glasses on a friday afternoon !
Yes, I have had to put in a little time at the ol salt mine. I will send pictures in a little while. I went over and put a final coat of JD Blitz black on the bumper a bit ago. I really like the RAPCO OD paint. Especially if the gallons lay down as good as the rattle cans. I rattle caned the back door to see if I liked the color and paint. I think this is what we used to call foreplay! BAHAHAHAHA

Rhino 5/4

Another great day with the green stuff. Swapped all 10 tires and wheels with best we could find. This one had fluids so just topped everything off for now. She towed a little better than the shop van guessing weight and aerodynamics. Now to get everything running moving and stopping. 20220430_094547.jpg20220430_160501.jpg20220430_112203.jpg20220430_182237.jpg20220430_094609.jpg20220430_160510.jpg20220430_194648.jpg

Rhino 5/4

Thinking that the girls are home now I will close this one down and move to the deuce section and share my learning curves as we bring them back to the land of the living. Maybe someone can benefit from our experiences. Think we will call it The tale of two Deuces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks