• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL biddin

beachbummer

I registered on GL after finding a truck I would like to bid on. I cannot figure out where or how to place a bid please help. I must be stupid today well not just today, but you know one of these days

roscoe

I haven't bid in a while but I don't think it has changed. If the auction is open, there should be a Bid now thing to click on the page of the item you want.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck is up for Bid it will have a big Bid Now button on it when you pull up the truck. Look at the dates!

3dAngus

And there are several ways to do it too. Firstly, I would recommend you click on the item box and then click on "Add to watchlist". You can save all your more interesting auctions this way, whether you bid on them or not.

Once you have them saved in your watchlist, when you log on, just click on "My auctions" and all your auctions of interest will pop up.

If, and ONLY IF, the auction is live, you will be entitled to bid on it in either location, like state above, or from the "My auctions" listing, where you can bid on several things all at once.

You cannot bid if the "opening date" is not todays date yet. That may (and may not) be the problem.

beachbummer

well

I told you guys its one of those days the auction is not open. does anyone have a clue as to what it would cost to ship a duce from ft knox to eastern nc? a guess would be good with me

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$4.00 a loaded mile is what I was quoted the last time so I drove it home myself.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet if you call around you could get it hauled for $2.50-$3.00 per mile. $4.00 sounds pretty high to me. 2cents

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm guessing $4.00 a loaded mile.
Close enough for government work.

Or you could find one close to you from a private buyer and have instant gratification (no waiting for EUC to clear).

You would also know that there is not a hole in the block you can put your hand in. GL has a way of omiting that picture from the ones they post.

If you figure in the shipping cost and all the work you might have to do to get it mission capable sometimes a private seller is the way to go.

Just my 2cents for what it's worth.

3dAngus

Wonder what they would charge to carry a M-37 from Virginia to central Ga.
I'll give them a try. Thanks, that's much more reasonable.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with truckdeals.com Walker Price got me $2/mile from Camp Shelby to my home over 600 miles.
The last big truck I got hauled cost me $2 per loaded mile, but that was over a year ago, so I wasn't sure if the rates had gone up. Although, fuel is not really much more now than it was then, so it makes sense.

sandcobra164

In response to the OP and the original thread title, Plan to spend about 2K to get the truck as bidding is on the high side right now. My winning bid on both my trucks was under 1K but the market is high on buyer's or "flippers" and they've caught on to the fever. Getting it home, shipping is high as Diesel fuel is high. If you buy a good truck and can drive it home, you'll save a little. 10 MPG is my average in mine, works out to $0.38 a mile on fuel costs plus insurance, registration, etc. Real life costs come up to a little more as you have to have someone drive you to the GL pickup site and that vehicle burns fuel, you might be nice and compensate them for their time, and then, you may need some parts for batteries to get your new from GL truck on the road. For the Commercial trucker, he has to pay for his truck, trailer, decals, weigh station fees, interstate commerce fees, and IFTA fuel fees' as well as pay himself and his family at some point. I say have it shipped if this is your first one and you have no clue what you're messing with. Alot better for the hobby as a whole and you're investment, "truck" will likely not be harmed in transit to you house. Deals are made every Thursday depending on how you bid. Do Not Trust GL advertisements, nor should anyone I've ever picked a truck up for. Recovery is not always a pumpkin pie, seldom is and I don't even like pumpkin pie!!!! Good luck!!!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shipping prices can be all over the board. A lot of factors come into play. If you just call up a trucking company and tell the to go get it the $4 a mile figure isn't out of line. If you can talk to a broker that will find a truck needing a back haul the price will be cheaper. How much cheaper depends on how bad the trucker wants a back haul. You also have to take into consideration that a deuce is only half a load. If you can find a trucker with the other half load filled you can cut your cost almost in half.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks