• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL condition: HX

SFI1992

Need info on why a cucv with GL condition: HX would have a no screening sticker on the hood with a red sticker under it :???::???::?

3dAngus

It was probably intended to be a unserviceable item, condemned (H) , and worth more for scrap value (X).

Here is a listing for all codes. It's in MSWord so I'm not sure if it will come up properly.

Edit: Yes, it did come up properly, but you may have to have MSWord to read it properly. It would be a good thing to have on file and print out for all turn-in codes. Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOT believe the condition code. GL only enters how it was coded at turn in. That depends on how the person doing the paperwork was feeling that day.

It could very well be HX or it could be A1.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better off to forget that line even exists. Screen doors on a submarine are more useful.

jasonjc

The "no screening sticker " means it GL's now and DRMO coutsmers can't get it any more. The "red sticker" (not seeing it) I bet is the EUC reqered sticker.

As for the HX code it don't mean a thing.

3dAngus

Condemned codes carry a lot of weight with me if it is an item I cannot screen or get someone to look at it for me beforehand.

I would ignore, unless I wanted it for parts and scrap. You just can't look at them all.
I usually trust a "A1" or "A4" code without screening.

If I can screen, I might take a chance on an item even if it is marked condemned and I cannot validate it on site. Sometimes screening gives you confidence you would not get otherwise. And yes, I have spent $thousands of dollars on items on GL that I have never screened, including trailers, but NEVER on a motorized MV. Everyone should screen those unless you can get it for scrap prices, which are way down now.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've driven a HX coded truck off the lot with a jump....2cents

as others have said the code doesn't really mean squat, and the no screening sticker is for DRMO customers once it has gone to GL.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
My M923 was coded F7, and my M936A1 was coded H7.

I guess that the F7 code is technically accurate, since my M923 needed a couple of minor things fixed: A sticky accelerator pedal (fixed with oil), a burnt out tail light bulb, a stuck windshield washer pump (fixed with a simple disassemble-and-reassemble) and a couple air leaks under the dash. It included nearly all of its basic issue items new-in-box, and was about a couple hours of work away from A1 when I got it.

My wrecker needs a bit more work, but not enough to put it in the H category. I'd call it an F7, too, unless I find any bad surprises as I dig in further.

I don't find those condition codes to be very useful in my decision-making process.

tuckered

Many abbr here us the same as texting. . , such as ty, but not everyone texts and some abbr tends to be specialized for certain places CAD = computer assisted drafting, Computer Assisted Dispatching, or fuddy duddy to a seasoned person.

Sometimes an abbreviation can mean more than one thing: IP = Injector Pump or investigation pending.

What is really needed is a 'sticky' thread for new and seasoned persons here, just for abbreviations.

It would be helpful. :!: 2cents

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many abbr here us the same as texting. . , such as ty, but not everyone texts and some abbr tends to be specialized for certain places CAD = computer assisted drafting, Computer Assisted Dispatching, or fuddy duddy to a seasoned person.

Sometimes an abbreviation can mean more than one thing: IP = Injector Pump or investigation pending.

What is really needed is a 'sticky' thread for new and seasoned persons here, just for abbreviations.

It would be helpful. :!: 2cents
Doubt your going to get a sticky as the site site qwner has already addressed this issue in the rules ; Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Codes are worthless. I've turned in stuff A4 and seen it later sell as F7. I've also seen people turn in good stuff but mark it as bad so they could get new upgraded replacement stuff that couldn't be ordered untill their old stuff went bad. I NEVER look at the codes.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ccdmds, dbagls.