• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Deuces on hold again 2' to TSC?

wsucougarx

I think the radium gauge check will constantly be an issue. According to GL, there are only certain FEDs who are able to perform this particular check on the gauges. These guys seem to be few and far between. Some installations are just pulling the entire gauge panels to avoid these issues. It's to my understanding that the Speedo and Tacho are the only potential gauge issues. I wonder if GL would allow you to inspect your truck and pull out the potential said gauge(s) (with their permission of course). That way when DRMO finally make their rounds with their detector they won't pull your entire gauge panel. Just an idea.

surfdog

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Jacinta'
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?[/SIZE]
: Any news on the TSC hold on trucks ?Invoice # 7708xxxx
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] Unfortunately, no update yet.[/SIZE]
: Also my other EUCS seem to be taking longer to come back lately... they usually alwayscame back within 3 or 4 days after being sent to BC.
: Is this hold about the instrument panel and Radium in the gauges or soemthing else?
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] We don't know the trucks are on hold.[/SIZE]
: do you want event/lot or can you get it from the above invoice # ?
: Event 5132 / Lot xxxx
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] We do not know what the reason is for the trucks being placed on hold. I believe there has been a change in Demil code but I am unsre.[/SIZE]
: What does the change in Demil code mean to me? Will The truck need to be mutilated?
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] We are currently waiting for a decsions on the EUC for Sales 5147 and 5183.[/SIZE]
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] Most likely not but we will not know anything until we get an update. Once we receive an update you will be notified.[/SIZE]
: What about Event 5132 ???????????? I have the Paid in Full invoice yet the GL site manager says I cant pick it up until the hold is released.
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] That is correct. The property can not be removed until the Government releases the hold.[/SIZE]
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] We have no control over that.[/SIZE]
: So there still has not been a decision on Event 5132?
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] Not yet. Once we receive an update you will be notified.[/SIZE]
: Thank you for your time even if you couldn't give me much info. It's just frustrating as GL has my money yet I can't get the truck I paid for.
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] I completely understand. We will get you an update as soon as we receive any information.[/SIZE]
: thanks - off
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to surfdog@
at the end of your chat.
Jacinta:[SIZE=+0] Thank you for chatting! Please contact us again if you have any further questions.[/SIZE]

Abbott: Goofè Dean. Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...
Costello: That's what I want to find out.
Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.
Costello: Are you the manager?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: You gonna be the coach too?
Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?
Abbott: Well I should.
Costello: Well then who's on first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name.
Abbott: Who.

surfdog

Why do I waste my time ??? It's like sticking sharp spikes in my eyes trying to get any useful info out of GL.....

General Info
Chat start time May 24, 2010 4:30:17 PM ESTChat end time May 24, 2010 4:47:31 PM ESTDuration (actual chatting time) 00:17:13Operator Sylvia

Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?[/SIZE]
John Powell: Anything new with the EUCs on Sales 5132, 5147, and 5183. They are way over the usual length of time Battle Creek takes to approve them.
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Could you please provide username and customer id in order to take a look at this.[/SIZE]
John Powell: user surfdog
John Powell: #
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Thank you! One moment please.[/SIZE]
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Sale 5147 was approved on 4/28/10; property should had already been removed. Sales 5147and 5183 are awaiting approval. [/SIZE]
John Powell: "Sale 5147 was approved on 4/28/10;" - I think you mean sale 5132 -- THIS IS ON A TSC HOLD AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WILL NOT BE RELEASED.
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] I'm sorry, I did mean Sale 5132.[/SIZE]
John Powell: email from GL follows...
:
To: surfdog
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:05:43 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Event 5132 Lot 5xxx

Dear Value Customer,

The approval that you received regarding Event 5132 Lot 5xxx was given in error. This vehicle has not been cleared by the TSC and you will not be able to remove this property. Once an approval has been authorized by Trade Security you will be notified. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely, Customer Relations Government Liquidation, LLC

Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Sale 5132 was approved but sales 5147 and 5183 are still waiting for approval. We haven[/SIZE]
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] We haven't received any update on regards to vehicles on the TSC Hold but you will be notified.[/SIZE]
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Is there anything else I can assist you with today?[/SIZE]
John Powell: So I cannot pick up items in sale 5132, correct?
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] Right, event 5132 will be on hold until further notice. Once the property can be released you will be notified.[/SIZE]
John Powell: Any idea on how long this will take?
Sylvia:[SIZE=+0] We have not had an update, therefore, we can't provide a time frame.[/SIZE]
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to @@@ at the end of your chat.
John Powell: Thank you. out.

503m715

I am still waiting for euc to clear on my 5ton. It was in the same sale as your 109. I did notice that the gauge panels had a check mark on them. The 109 for sale this week has the panel removed.

wsucougarx

I did notice the nice chalk check on my gauge cluster. Never thought about it, that must be the inspection check. Thanks Mike! You removed some anxiety:) I'm headed up there tomorrow to see if GL has anything to say and to check my truck over

Capriceii

UGH, just realized my truck is caught up in this mess Lot 5147. Nothing like waiting on a dream.. What a way to start out. So there is a distinct possibility I may pick up my truck and the gauge cluster will be MIA?

two.fiveM35

UGH, just realized my truck is caught up in this mess Lot 5147. Nothing like waiting on a dream.. What a way to start out. So there is a distinct possibility I may pick up my truck and the gauge cluster will be MIA?
It doesn't seem right that you buy something and then they strip it after it is sold and paid for. They should be required to put it back into the same condition as it was. Will we get a refund for the price of the guages we need to replace?? Ha Ha

The G Man

It doesn't seem right that you buy something and then they strip it after it is sold and paid for. They should be required to put it back into the same condition as it was. Will we get a refund for the price of the guages we need to replace?? Ha Ha

Really, I could make a fortune running a car lot like that. Sorry after you paid we had to remove engine, Trans and differential in case oil was contaminated. The tires we removed them also because one might have bad air. Went ahead and rmoved all windows so in case you broke one you would not cut yourself. The body...oh well did wanted to be sure it wasn't lead painted. Thanks for your money, time and aggravation. Even though we took your money and then would not let you have it all of your purchase: I hope we will get your return business.:evil:

flyxpl

After being raped by GL after our gauges are removed we will probally get raped a second time by someone selling replacement insrtiment panels .

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Guys I am not here to defend GL but it is NOT GL pulling the gauge panels (at least at FT Lewis)!!! It is the Federal Gov't pulling them. DRMO is responsible to checking these trucks to ensure the radioactive gauges are checked and pulled before they go to GL. Apparently it is not getting done by DRMO, so trucks are being sent prematurely to GL for sale. Now the Feds are realizing they haven't been doing their job and are now holding the trucks pending the gauge checks (amonng the list of reasons). GL is a civilian operated and manned entity. DRMO is federal. The two do not get along as you can see. Lonny at FT Lewis GL has contacted DRMO to protest the pulling the gauge panels. He's on our side.
However, in light of pulling entire gauge panels during this hold, I do feel it is right for GL to compensate their customers. They should offer the truck as described and shown during the auction in spite of what the Feds do. Being the listers and sellers of gov't property, I feel they do bear the responsibility to make it right.

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys!!! let me through another thing into the mix of ulcer builders you are all talking about.
GL as with many BIIIGGGG companies now days makes a heep of cash from using your money!!!
Are we surprised ? you do the math,as soon as you are awarded an item you get charged,then you
start the EUC process which takes 3 days to 6 mos. from what I am hearing from different people.
if you are using a credit card,they are charging you un-godly for that privilege. Meanwhile your money is making interest for GL while they decide whether to reject you and refund your money
minus their CODB ..............and the GOVT. could give a flying F..k how inconvenienced you are
as they have unlimited funds to operate on"YOUR TAX DOLLARS" So love it or leave it as they used to say,it ain't gonna get no better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant: popacom / BILL in Ky.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks