• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl has lost it!!

Ripcord01

I guess the horror stories of Gl are all coming back. I was told that I needed to submit my EUC . I am like what! I completed the form and verified that it was received per Heidi..

I thought the first purchase was to smooth..

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heidi is a fantastic GL rep. Treat here well, she will help you. seriously.

In general, I never expect any GL transaction to happen without issues. It is what it is.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Retails prices are the high cost you pay for a smooth transaction. Surplus prices are the benefit you get with the high cost of the PITA it is to deal with GL. Enjoy!

exbrown

I have bought a lot of stuff from GL. Probably way too much. Sometimes it is smooth and somtimes it is crunchy. The only constant I have seen is that when I call Heidi, she helps me and is always pleasant. GL has a lot of good employees, they are just balanced out by the others!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heidi is excellent. She enjoys a good joke or pun here or there too. I'm sure the GL life isn't as exciting as some of us believe.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have to give Heidi an A+ also......she will go above and beyond to help you if you use your inside nice voice when you talk to her.

She is also great on the chat line.

As far as the retail vs GL sale.....I once bought a huge gearbox that cost Uncle Sam over a 100 grand for a hundred bucks (before the min bid went up). I sold it to a guy that hooked it to a water wheel and generates electricity with it. I could have sold it for scrap and tripled my money on it.

GL can be a royal PITA but they have the goodies.......cheap.

paulfarber

My 1st and only GL purchase hit all kinds of speed bumps... I just knew to 'walk' the process through and keep an eye out for shenanigans.

You know how GL can be... so don't get excited when it bites you.

So you have to submit another EUC... wow... that's what, 10 boxes on a PDF to fill out? It probably took SteelSlodiers longer to load the main page than filling out the form.

Check your account and make sure the EUC submitted date is updated..... none of that is accomplished by bashing GL here.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same situation once with GL.
They had it, It apparently was easier for the processor to request it from you than find it there.
I simply went into my sent email folder and forwarded it to them.

Yep & Heidi helped me out on another issue also. [thumbzup]

Ripcord01

My 1st and only GL purchase hit all kinds of speed bumps... I just knew to 'walk' the process through and keep an eye out for shenanigans.

You know how GL can be... so don't get excited when it bites you.

So you have to submit another EUC... wow... that's what, 10 boxes on a PDF to fill out? It probably took SteelSlodiers longer to load the main page than filling out the form.

Check your account and make sure the EUC submitted date is updated..... none of that is accomplished by bashing GL here.
Let me throw your private information all over the office and see if you like it! I am not bashing Gl. I was just spolied the last purchases have been smooth. Thank you for your input. [thumbzup]

Ripcord01

I have bought a lot of stuff from GL. Probably way too much. Sometimes it is smooth and somtimes it is crunchy. The only constant I have seen is that when I call Heidi, she helps me and is always pleasant. GL has a lot of good employees, they are just balanced out by the others!
Very well stated. thank you. I am learning that the force will balance all!

ryan77

Im used to dealing with the city of chicago for work, so dealing with gl is a walk in the park!!!!

paulfarber

Let me throw your private information all over the office and see if you like it! I am not bashing Gl. I was just spolied the last purchases have been smooth. Thank you for your input. [thumbzup]
Your 'private information' is in 100 files in 100 offices and probably already sold on the black hat market three times already.

I know mine has been... twice. From much more 'reputable' firms than GL.

Fill out another form, watch it go through and don't have an aneurysm if things are not as 'smooth' as the first time.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought a LOT of crap from GL, and for the most part, it has gone smoothly. The part I hate is when you call or send and email, you get a "cookie-cutter" generic response that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. As a matter of fact, on a sale two weeks ago, I looked at the invoice, and they charged me the identical amount of sales tax on two different sale prices, from TWO DIFFERENT STATES!! So I send an email requesting that they review/correct the problem. Today I get a response stating if I would like to be "tax exempt", I need to fill out the following forms, etc. auaaua

3dAngus

I thought they stopped the EUC bit with trailers?
Or am I thinking gen-sets?

Rick
I saw a streak there when they cut out the need for EUCs on trailers. They're back on it. 98% of all trailers I've reviewed online with GL require EUCs. At least, that is, the small ones. Not sure about the monster ones.

Ripcord01

The whole deal of the revision was due to a date not being in the box.. Really, give me a break.. But I am thankful for the Lady who was able to assist me and get the thing corrected.
Now to get the taxes fixed.. No EUC's . would be great!