• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL lot times extended?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I miss something? I could have sworn that a lot of GL sales were ending today and now it shows tomorrow?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thing is, they ALWAYS go up in the last hour or so. I'm not sure what the rationale is, unless they will claim that they needed to extend it because of technical problems. They probably won't give a reason anyway. :roll:

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I should have checked my email first... This just in!

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to technical difficulties, the following auctions have been rescheduled to close on Friday, December 9, 2011:

* SB2108 - Demil Q Aerospace
* IA2109 - Demil Q Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
* IA8314 - Tested CPUs & Laptops
* IA10345 - Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
* IA10346 - Marine & Vehicular Tires, Parts & Components
* IA10347 - Demil Q Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
* IA10348 - Demil Q Cargo & Semi Trailers
* SB10349 - Aerospace

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently, the two sealed bid sales ending today are NOT suffering from "technical difficulties". I wonder if that is because, even if they extended them, you might not convince yourself to bid more, since you can't see the current high bid to know if you are winning or losing.

Maybe the sealed bid thing isn't getting them to their numbers, so they are trying another idea to boost revenue?

Personally, I think they should end like Ebay auctions. If you didn't bid the most you were willing to pay, and you can't (or aren't willing to) bid at the last second, then too bad. I'll bet the "extended" bidding method has been proven to get higher numbers. It's really more like a live auction, except you have even longer to change your mind and bid again.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This should be entertaining, though. I wonder how many lots will get bumped at about 4:45... :D

Surprise, surprise! You didn't win it yet.

86m1028

I guess I should have checked my email first... This just in!

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to technical difficulties, the following auctions have been rescheduled to close on Friday, December 9, 2011:

* SB2108 - Demil Q Aerospace
* IA2109 - Demil Q Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
* IA8314 - Tested CPUs & Laptops
* IA10345 - Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
* IA10346 - Marine & Vehicular Tires, Parts & Components
* IA10347 - Demil Q Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
* IA10348 - Demil Q Cargo & Semi Trailers
* SB10349 - Aerospace

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Thats FUNNY I was bidding on **** today & didnt get the e-mail:shock:

You must have gotten because you WERNT bidding.

Ripcord01

technical my ass. they could have just closed the auctions at 5 . They are trying to gain more interest in the sales because most of the trucks and all are way below what their sale dollar amounts have been . I mean come on a 5 ton for less than a grand!! Not gonna happen.. BASTARDS they are..

KsM715

Personally, I think they should end like Ebay auctions. If you didn't bid the most you were willing to pay, and you can't (or aren't willing to) bid at the last second, then too bad. I'll bet the "extended" bidding method has been proven to get higher numbers. It's really more like a live auction, except you have even longer to change your mind and bid again.

If you were in business to make money which one would you go with? Cut off the bidding when people are still willing to spend more, or let them keep bidding? I dont like GL anymore than the rest of you but I happen to like making money, if they can do it then so be it. Funny how when GL goes down when people are wanting to bid but can't everyone gets in an uproar over how they hope they extend the bid closing times so they have a chance to bid.

3dAngus

They extended the bidding process, because their website was under attack.

This is not the first time it's happened to GL.

Had nothing to do with bidding, but when under attack, a lot of late bids are not going to be able to get in. It's only reasonable they extend the date. I just hope they finid the intruder. Seems to me, they would have DOD assistance in capturing the criminals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks