• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL lot times extended?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were in business to make money which one would you go with? Cut off the bidding when people are still willing to spend more, or let them keep bidding? I dont like GL anymore than the rest of you but I happen to like making money, if they can do it then so be it. Funny how when GL goes down when people are wanting to bid but can't everyone gets in an uproar over how they hope they extend the bid closing times so they have a chance to bid.
I would absolutely use the same method. When I bid, I drop my last bid at or before 4:45.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They extended the bidding process, because their website was under attack.

This is not the first time it's happened to GL.

Had nothing to do with bidding, but when under attack, a lot of late bids are not going to be able to get in. It's only reasonable they extend the date. I just hope they finid the intruder. Seems to me, they would have DOD assistance in capturing the criminals.
:ditto:

That would explain the low bid prices also. If the site has problems and no one can bid, the prices are going to be low.

I wasn't watching the auctions today but people are reporting the prices were low. A site attack is the only thing to explain this. Prices on any given group of items isn't going to be high one week and then the bottom fall out the next. There may be a item or two that slips through the cracks but not a whole group of them. The scrap buyers will give way more than $1K for a 5-ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks