• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL or Private sale?????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Another thought

The key to the winch is not to be in a hurry. I've yet to buy a complete winch kit. I just can't afford it so I pick and poke until I come up with everything. Don't reckon I've ever put more that $500 total into adding a winch. I'm starting the same process over again for truck #3. I have dropped a grand on a parts truck just to get winch extensions before but got much more in return from the boned out truck. If one could keep $1500 in a green account, you can use that to buy and trade your way up to anything really.

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: Another thought

jkelly66 said:
Now Ive heard it all
rofl
Well...I mean...my logic does have some sort of merit to it :p

Also good point Kenny. I need to be like-minded in this stuff...so that I get the best deals on things.

Ugg013

Hi sak00:

Like what was already mentioned many times, don't limit yourself to one or the other. Keep your options and eyes open. Either way is a crapshoot. Do your homework and know what your getting into. SS is a GREAT place for info on the deuces.

Unfortunately, from what I've been seeing, GL's prices are getting higher & higher. :( I've seen deuce residue goin for $4K. I got the Frog thru GL, and LUCKED OUT! While the trucks were sitting, waiting to be picked up, the trucks on either side of mine had brake lines and other parts stripped off. The Frog was unmolested.

Like also what was mentioned, it depends on location. Some places are just tough. I'd advise ya to stay FAR AWAY from Porthsmouth, VA. The GL folk were fine, but the base security (non miliitary rent a cops) SUCK! I almost ended up in the brig.

Which ever route ya go, CHECK IT OUT PERSONALLY, or have someone ya really trust go check it over, and that's still no guarantee. Also check into YOUR state laws. From what I've read here, some states require you to have a CDL to drive it. :evil: Also, why do ya want it (something ya need to ask yourself)? Then, EN-FREAKIN-JOY! They are fun, and mine even gets better mileage than my Durango.

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks