• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL says my accnt and my Dads are Duplicate Accounts!!!

simoncrk

Well here we go!!! Ive heard the horror stories of dealing with GL. I bought another M1009 in Ft Sill last week (thursday), sent my EUC on the same day. Monday I wire transfered the funds. This morning I was checking to see if they had recieved the money and tried to log in, when it said "Account Suspended!". My Dad is the one who got me to buying equipment and stuff off of GL, because thats what he does. He uses it in his line of work with the M818's to pull rock trailers. He has bought tons of equipment off of GL. He made a purchase just before he was called to the "Gulf" for the clean up, and forgot about making the payment. He was one day late, so they suspended his account. They refunded his money and now to reactivate his account they want $1300. And he refuses to pay. Thats his decision.
Now for my account I called as soon as I seen the suspension and they said because he is my father they are suspending my account due to his suspended account. I have made ALL of my payments on time and sent in the EUC the same day as the auction. Does ANYONE know what I should do? My stuff is bought by me not my Dad. I pay for the items with the money I make, not his. I do not live with him, Im 30 years old and have my own family. WTH!!!!!!!! Please help.....

Last edited:

linx310

You could call a congress person and get them involved (this seems to be the only way to really get **** done over there)...give them a story about how your father got called away for the emergency cleanup.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is without a doubt some of the dumbest guilt by association crap I have ever heard.

I would try calling back to see if you can find a more sympathetic ear. Maybe try asking for a supervisor other than that I can't think if much.

Unless, maybe contact your Congressman and have them call if you can get them to. I know there is a thread on here that has contract info and other stuff that may be of use.

sw

trukhead

Thats a bum deal

I think I'll call them and tell them I can't in good conscious bid on any more stuff knowing that this type of thing can happen.

It leads me to question their bookkeeping!

I know my auctions-bids didn't amount to much in the scope of things but I spent 25 grand with them last year and I'll remind them I really don't need to bid on their auctions.

I hope you can get your issue with them resolved.

2cents:shock::roll::!::soapbox:

ABN173

Keep at em, I say. I think in this situation you will come out on top. I think this is an attempt on their part to add additional pressures on your Dad to fix the problem and pay them. Not saying its right but it sounds like that is what they are doing.

Good Luck,
Dale

wsucougarx

I second the Congressman. I just got my congressman involved with this Battle Creek long drawn out EUC wait. I emailed him yesterday afternoon and I get a full response this morning at 1000 hrs. His full response not only contained the message he sent to Battle Creek, but it also included Battle Creek's response. Talk about lightening quick response. BC informed Congressman that this was my first EUC and I should expect it to take an entire two months. Hmm, what BC doesn't realize is it's my 9th EUC. So my reply was sent this afternoon. We'll see what happens tomorrow:) Hopefully a reply in the form of a PIF invoice would be great. Not counting on anything, but just good to see my Congressman in action for these important issues.:)

simoncrk

Trukhead
Me too. Thanks. I dont want cause a big ruccess I just them to do whats right. I have know idea what Dad has spent with them, But he basicly built his construction company out of buying off of them. And he around 200 employees!!! I havent bought near as much as him. But Im still a paying customer.

Last edited:

simoncrk

I sent them an email today. If that doesn't help by Thursday I will call my congressman. I agree thats probly the only thing that'll get anything done. Man it's just agrivating that their using me for leverage against my Dad. He's not gonna pay the $1300. He's done with them. I just want the M1009 that I have already paid for. I don't want a refund. I can't help what he does.........

simoncrk

Well I sent them another long email containing my Drivers License and documents from the State and the Federal Govenrment saying that me and my company are in no way affiliated with my Dad. I also suggested they check their payment records from my Dad and I, to see that they are from two seperate banks and bank accounts with seperate names on the accounts. If nothing happens by tomorrow, I'll call my congressman.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Simon,

I went though the same thing when my credit card had expired (I had a new card but the one on file at GL had the old date).
Did anyone at GL call me and ask if I had updated the card???? Nooooooooo.
They claimed to have emailed me but could not provide a copy.
This lead to a big hurrah with management and I finally got to talk with a pogue that had the power to make a command decsion.
I negotiated the fee down to 300 bucks after threating to sic my Congressman on them and to show up at GL headquarters with a 20/20 film crew (Public Affairs was my job in the Army....I was not bluffing).
Ironically I bid on the same two trucks a month later, won them and paid 500 less that the first sale, GL lost 200 bucks on the deal.
Bottom line...the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Do not let them buffalo you.

simoncrk

I will. Thanks. So far Ive been patient and professional. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. But I do agree that the squeakiest hinge get the oil. lol, Im not lettin up. I think they're usin me to get to Dad.

KsM715

Are they asking you for any money to open your account back up? If so and you have done nothing outside of the terms of agreement, that would look like extorsion to me. I would call your congressman and let him know that it appears they are trying to put pressure on you to get your dad to pay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks