• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL says my accnt and my Dads are Duplicate Accounts!!!

ABN173

But when I got pushy and started demanding this number, or I was going to get the DLA and DRMS IG and Small Business Ombudsman involved, they suddenly got generous and waived the fee and unblocked my account...
Yup.....nothing quite like a P*SSED off warrant

I like the Eagle rising avatar btw [thumbzup]

simoncrk

Simoncrk,

Your good, I'm fairly WM was replying to littlebob's comment(#39). Keep us posted on what comes about over the next few business days.

-Dale
Oh Ok. Sorry wreckerman. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I haven't been online since thurs. or friday. I should have read the earlier post. I apologize WM.

TexAndy

This is some serious horse****... but not all that surprising.

sometimes I think the only reason you can still get some good deals on GL is because of the degree of risk entailed with dealing with a company with such lousy customer service/relations.

simoncrk

Well I guess I won't buy anything off of GL again. Not by choice. I finally had a GL manager call me. He was polite and proffessional and so was I, but he wouldn't budge an inch. He told me that since my Dad had a default on his account, they linked him to me by means they think that he started my account because he couldn't use his. I told them that I set up my account long before he had a default on his account. He said that doesn't matter. The GL mgr told me that it was GL's decision to delete my account and leave Dads alone, until he paid the default, then GL would reopen his account. Well Ive got news for em. He ain't payin. So with all that being said, I guess I'll never buy anything off of GL agian. I GIVE UP...... I've been fightin this sh!!! for two weeks. Sent documents, pictures, 7 emails, a phone call everday, and this is where it got me. Good luck to anyone who has problems with em. And thank you SS guys for all the support and kind words.

Last edited:
Simoncrk, dont give up. If it were me id be even more pissed off. This amounts to extortion. I think NOW is the time to go further up the chain of command and start contacting senators and governors. Pitting Father against Son to extort money is despicable. I would also take the time to find a lawyer who would be kind enough to send a friendly letter to the GL rep you spoke with stating all the facts and asking them to resolve the issue before litigation is necessary.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Simoncrk, dont give up. If it were me id be even more pissed off. This amounts to extortion. I think NOW is the time to go further up the chain of command and start contacting senators and governors. Pitting Father against Son to extort money is despicable. I would also take the time to find a lawyer who would be kind enough to send a friendly letter to the GL rep you spoke with stating all the facts and asking them to resolve the issue before litigation is necessary.

What he said...and this.

Do a google on TV stations in their area and find out if they have a "Channel XX on your side" segment. Call the assignments editor and give them your side of the story....they will call GL and ask for their side.

If they think you have a case they will make this guys life **** until a fair resolution is reached.......some of these press folks are relentless when they smell a good "David VS Goliath" story. If they kick over some rocks and find a disgruntled ex-GL employee or two so much the better.

The last thing that pogue wants is for a news crew to camp out on his door (or his boss's door).

I would also do the lawyer thing (use a local one) and have the letter sent Registered Mail so that Mr X (I hope you got his name) has to sign for it.

Even if you have suffered no financial loss at this point you have lost time, effort and emotional grief dealing with these bung holes.

I'm sure there is a lawyer out there that would love a piece of GL.

In that letter should be the name of your Congressman and the admonishment that you are not going to take this crap laying down....even if you never buy another thing from GL you have been subjected to unfair business practices.

There's more than one way to skin a cat......there's just no way to make him like it.

AceHigh

Companies today care nothing about customers. They are nationwide or ever worldwide, and if they get one of us mad, so what? As a former boss of mine said, don't worry, there are millions of other customers out there.

I agree completely with WM. Contractor or not, this is our government. Or was anyway.

jwaller

after fighting with mgmt for a few weeks with my problem I got an email yesterday saying they will cut my default fee in half. I'm considering it.

mckeeranger

I totally agree.

I don't know how you feel, but I feel my name and reputation are everything. If I were put on a black list because of something I didn't do, I would do anything and everything to clear my name.

54reo

I just got the same email from GL today. They deactivated my dad's account due to a "violation" of the Terms and Conditions.

[FONT=&quot]"In reference to multiple accounts, Government Liquidation’s (GL) policy is one account per individual/business. Account #XXXXXXXXXXX has been deactivated. The ONLY account you are to use is #XXXXXXXXXX.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Per the Terms and Conditions[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Terms and Conditions for auction sales at Government Liquidation):[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Section 2-D. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to these terms and conditions. A limit of one registration per business or individual will be enforced on our web site. Duplicate registrations will be de-activated from use.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you create any additional accountsfor any reason, unfortunatelyyou will be permanently banned from participating in future sales. GL strongly suggests you re-read the Terms and Conditions."
[/FONT]

While we both live in the same town, that is the only thing we have in common as far as our respective dealings with GL go. We both have separate CC and bank accounts linked to our GL accounts, each in our respective names.

I really have no idea how or why they could claim a violation of the Terms and Conditions.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got the same email from GL today. They deactivated my dad's account due to a "violation" of the Terms and Conditions.

[FONT=&quot]"In reference to multiple accounts, Government Liquidation’s (GL) policy is one account per individual/business. Account #XXXXXXXXXXX has been deactivated. The ONLY account you are to use is #XXXXXXXXXX.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Per the Terms and Conditions[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Terms and Conditions for auction sales at Government Liquidation):[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Section 2-D. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to these terms and conditions. A limit of one registration per business or individual will be enforced on our web site. Duplicate registrations will be de-activated from use.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you create any additional accountsfor any reason, unfortunatelyyou will be permanently banned from participating in future sales. GL strongly suggests you re-read the Terms and Conditions."
[/FONT]

While we both live in the same town, that is the only thing we have in common as far as our respective dealings with GL go. We both have separate CC and bank accounts linked to our GL accounts, each in our respective names.

I really have no idea how or why they could claim a violation of the Terms and Conditions.
Better get on their ars about it and be prepared to contact your congressman/woman. How long have you and your father had accounts?

I've only had problems with them once when an EUC hadn't cleared in 60 days. I called them and said my name was David Stadanko and I was going to be representing Mr. _____ in a small claims case against them but I would like to try and resolve this problem without going to court. I was put on hold for about a minute, then a supervisor came on and said they had just issued a full refund to Mr. ______'s credit card, and it may take up to 72 hours...blah,blah,blah.
Sure enough, about 36 hours later there was a refund on the card and the sale was cancelled. The next day, another EUC I had submitted cleared after only 10 days at BC. If you have already spoken with the manager, you might want to get a friend to call and say he is representing you. I do seem to have a good rapport with one Jean Payton in the titling section of GL. I wrote her a complentary email one day when she hed gone above and beyond to make sure four titles were sent to a new physical address I had in another state. At this point, actually about a few points back, I would have contacted a lawyer for real, and had them handle it from there. Sounds to me like you would have a good case of discrimination.
I think we should all boycot GL until this case is resolved in favor of our buddy here!:jumpin:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well unless you're a Jr. or something, it's very strange that they would know how you are related to somebody.

Have you used your Dad's computer (or he used yours) to log on to your account? Maybe they can tell and made the connection that way.

54reo

Well unless you're a Jr. or something, it's very strange that they would know how you are related to somebody.

Have you used your Dad's computer (or he used yours) to log on to your account? Maybe they can tell and made the connection that way.

I am not a JR., but I have logged onto my account with my laptop from their house before. But then again, when I travel I have logged on in quite a few different places. I can't see how a different (or occasionally the same) IP address would be a violation of the Ts & Cs. What happens if two people are at the same hotel/cafe/etc? Would they in violation since it is the same IP?

I called the direct line of the "[FONT=&quot]Accounting/Sales Liaison[/FONT]" (that was provided at the end of the e-mail) and he is on vacation until next week. Guess it will have to wait until then, as the customer service people told me I would have to speak directly with the person who sent the e-mail.

simoncrk

54reo
Im sorry to hear that the GL super humans have done the samething to you, as they have done to me. I do however have TWO direct line phone numbers to the "admin gods". The more I hear about them acting like idiots, the more I want to post they're phone numbers on SS. In a new thread titled "Havin **** with GL? Well heres theyre direct line, come and get it!!!" :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks