• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL site problems

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody else having trouble logging on to their account at GL? I just get a error page when I try to log in.

I've got a few items I was wanting to bid on and won't be around a computer tomorrow until after auction close. I was hoping to get my bids in tonight.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like they are working on the server.

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't log onto my account or bid. All I get is -

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It just started working again. I got my bids in so all is good.

Only thing that could be better is if the site goes down again, nobody can bid against me. :razz:

Since last Thursday, auctions that are over are still showing up in the different state locations for me. They are supposed to disappear once the auction is over, but they keep showing up. They disappear when I try to save them to my watchlist.

Anyone else having this problem? I haven't changed my cookie settings or anything.

LC

Oldfart

I noticed some GL auction listings are still visible, while others dropped from view at the end of the auction. I was checking my bids and final sale prices (the sold items were shown as closed with the final bid price) on those that were still visible and all of a sudden, they went away. ~~~ This was just items I had bid on in several locations, I did not look further.

I noticed some GL auction listings are still visible, while others dropped from view at the end of the auction. I was checking my bids and final sale prices (the sold items were shown as closed with the final bid price) on those that were still visible and all of a sudden, they went away. ~~~ This was just items I had bid on in several locations, I did not look further.

My problem is a little different. I am seeing auctions on stuff I didn't bid on, and even some that I never put in my watchlist.

Strange.

LC

Oldfart

I just logged into some different sites on GL in OK, KA, CO and I did not find any closed items. I tried Herlong CA and found some closed items still listed. I did not bid on anything in Herlong nor did I put anything there on my watch list (Never have bid on anything there.)

It would seem correct that you could not put a closed item on your watch list as they come off the watch list and go to either Bid History or Closed Watchlist at the end of the auction. Demil items are supposed to not wind up on the Closed Watchlist, but to just go away. It looks like some GL locations are not purging the closed auction items very quickly from their auction items list. It does not seem to be consistent throughout their system.

sierrajcharlie

I'm having like issues also. I'll go to a location and see the first page then if I try to go to the second page I get the page to do an advanced search. Then go back to the first page and all's I see are closed auctions for a couple of weeks ago. Guess GL doesn't want any more of that annoying interest in it's auctions.

Ripcord01

I see a lot of closed auctions as well. They must be having a problem with the auto remove function of the listing software. They are having to log in and remove all of them one by one. Jsut my assumption.

Monkeyboyarmy

I am having problems too.Understanding why they pulled all of the 915A1's in Ohio from the sale. Had to have been over 30 of them. Just when I thought I might have a chance to bid........gone. Sorry. Different kind of probem.

Darwin T

they suspended my account and refunded my money on a trailer i won. the page gave me a phone number but it won't be open yet. cover your ears folks, i am about to loose my religon on someone. :evil:

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
they suspended my account and refunded my money on a trailer i won. the page gave me a phone number but it won't be open yet. cover your ears folks, i am about to loose my religon on someone.

Good luck with that.....they suspended my account because the date on my credit card had expired.....did they email me that info that would have been easy to fix......noooooooooo I lost two trucks I had won and could not bid one some items I wanted.

I had to call some crackerhead out there and threaten him with a personal visit with a news crew in tow.......still had to pay a 300 fee. Two months later I won the same two trucks (they had been relisted) for 500 less. They lost 200 bucks on the deal plus what I would have spent had I been able to bid on the auctions missed.

Don't expect common sense to prevail when dealing with the pogues out in Phoenix.:cookoo:

Ripcord01

D, Maybe they figured that you did not need it as much as you thought. That sucks. Why would GL cancel your account? I was going to close mine a few weeks back and they refused to return my money on a trailer that had no EUC.Due to a" ongoing problem scheduling ".Took me one month to pick up the trailer.2cents

TJP

I also see a lot of old auction items on my GL account that have been sold last week. And some of the Trucks listed have sealed bid next to them? aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks