• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL sucks again!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So how many people noticed some of the auction listings at Creekside that had $25 opening bids? I just learned they had an open house today. Anyone get an invite? I was told they lowered the prices to hook some newbs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I saw the lower opening bids and thought it was to be corrected. Turns out it was to bait fresh fish! h

Silverback

I received an email invitation to the open house, looked at the items listed and figured it was going to be the same old thing, 150.00 minimum bid, guess I should have looked a little closer. On a happier note I did manage to buy an M818 today!

Silverback

I don't know if they specifically targeted newbies or not, I did get the invite, but I'm hardly a newbie, well on here I am but not as a buyer at GL, I've been hooked for years. My wife says I buy way too much stuff from them, I beg to differ.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were advertising it on the radio stations around Wheeling WV / Steubenville OH area this week. I saw the listings they had also, but not until after I heard the radio ad. I also thought the starting bids would be the normal $150, so I never looked at the stuff again.

cjcottrill

I had an e-mail invitation, but it wss during the day and I had to work. I noticed they started a new " buy it now" sales store. I bought one of the GP First aid kits for 12.95. It wasn't 100% complete but pretty clsoes and in good shape. I sent a complaint in because it was not all there but don't expect action. The on-line ad didn't say one way or the other so I took a chance. I really just wanted a good box to put in the deuce and the price was within range. Shipped fast-well packed.

Silverback

gimpy, first I must apologize for hijacking your thread. I looked through the listings on the open house and assumed it was going to be more of the same with the minimum bids, 5 civilian backpacks in one listing, 5 pairs of mickey mouse boots in another and so forth. Those listings are just what came to mind, they are also what deterred me from looking any further into it. Maybe they have noticed a slowdown in sales due to the economy, or at least lower bids and they decided to do what grocery stores and such do by offering deals to get people in the door so to speak.

Now back to hijacking the thread.:p
Ksm715, I always try to follow the Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared", you never know when the Zombies are going to show up.

mckeeranger, that is only one of the storage units, I also have a bunch of MG mounts and such stored in there as well, I use this unit to keep the empty cans and such in, until they are needed, that way I don't have to look through my full cans for an empty one.

fuzzytoaster, I always have stuff ready to load :D Actually I sell a lot of this stuff at gunshows, I'm a vendor at the Knob Creek shoot and it is easier to store some of this stuff separately so I don't trip over it or have to move it around to get to the stuff I take to the shows most weekends. I do 42-45 shows a year.

JeepMan

I had someone I know of who tells me he's an auctioneer down Atlanta
way that they are tasked by GL to sell items in thier auction house all the time.
Does anyone know about this ??
(Sorry 'auction police' but I had to add this).