• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug inhibitor switch / temp sensor question

Drock

So after chasing down my high idle problem by replacing both the high idle solenoid and the temp sensor. I decided to go ahead and replace the glow plug inhibitor / temp sensor located on the drivers side head. After much research I found out that a new one would be an updated version requiring a new pigtail to be wired in Part. The problem is the original one on the truck has a (1) wire connection. And the new pigtail has (2) wires. What do I do? do I just run one wire to ground and the other to the green wire? Or do I just connect them all together?.. Here's pics of both.........glow plug sensor.jpgglow plug sensor2.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that is at the front of the engine it is the temp sensor and is not for the glowplugs. The glowplug sensor is at the the top rear at the water jacket.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe try a site search for the AC Delco part number

Drock

Okay I think I found it nowglow plug sensor 3.jpg.. I did do a site search and that's how I found the part number. Which is #10045847, with pigtail #12101899. Now that I know where it is I'll fool with it today to see if I can make it fit. If you look a the pic it looks like there are a couple adapter fittings on the original sensor, so I'll pull it apart and report my progress. Thanks guy's

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is it. There is a bushing between the sensor and the block.

Drock

Well I got it in. It was really easy, you just have to make sure your 3/4", deep socket stays on the sensor and doesn't slide down to the adapter/spacer. But other then that it's a breeze. I thought I'd give a run down of all the part numbers for these sensors sense it took me several hours of searching both here, and the interwebs to figure out what to call them, and then to find them. Perhaps one of the moderators mite want to add these to a "sticky"??? Anyway here's the current proper name and part numbers........... (Acdelco), cold advance solenoid coolant temp switch #101546449...... (Acdelco), fuel injection idle speed control actuator #14066255..... (Acdelco), glow plug coolant temp sending unit #10045847, with (Acdelco), pigtail #12101899... Thanks again guy's for patiently helping me through this :beer:

Replaced my glow plug coolant temperature switch today, OEM switch and connector on the left, aftermarket on the right...rubber insulation on the OEM connector was largely crumbled away with wiring exposed.

IMG_2474.jpgIMG_2475.jpg

dc_cucv

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks