• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Go out and drive!!

ratat98

Recently due to work, I have only been able to take short trips to work and back in my truck, about 6 miles total. Lately I've noticed that the truck was starting to run rough and idle weird, and I even posted a couple threads about it, so today I took a 40 mile round trip thinking it might need some cobwebs blown out, and it made all the difference! It ran rough at the beginning but after five miles it was purring like a kitten! A long drive is all she needed.....

phil2968

I will be taking the bobber to work in the morning. It will be my first time on the road in it. I have to stop for fuel first thing. I had to replace the hydraulic head due to the previous owner running junk fuel in it. This will be my daily driver ffom here on out.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not only do they love to be driven but they are social creatures by nature......they are used to being in a Motor Pool with others of their kind.

Get a couple of more MV's and your deuce will really be happy.

kawhill

My wife too. Says she gets to spend as much on something else as I did
on the deuce. She doesn't understand that we've bought a 2.5 ton tactical
military vehicle with the finest engineering and toughness the world will
ever know. Oh well, won't stop my looking for a 5 ton. Regards,

Kawhill

steelandcanvas

I park my Deuce in the shop and have pictures of other Deuces on the walls to keep her company. :roll: Seriously, when I drive over to my Buddies shop about 16 miles away, she runs a little ratty. But on the way back, more like a scalded ***** ape. She loves to be driven!

DeucesWild11

My wife too. Says she gets to spend as much on something else as I did
on the deuce. She doesn't understand that we've bought a 2.5 ton tactical
military vehicle with the finest engineering and toughness the world will
ever know. Oh well, won't stop my looking for a 5 ton. Regards,

Kawhill
Glad I am not the only one that has a wife that wants to spend as much $$ on her stuff as I do on the deuce.. I keep trying to remind her that I spend way more $$ on her Navigator.. but then again I still have the mustang and firebird as well.. :lol:

scopionf89

My dad told me that when the duec was still in servis with his gard unit back in the early 90s that they should be driven at least 10 miles at highway spead to keep them working good every 90 days. You should also ideal them for at least 20 minits one time a month.

If I don't have any reason to drive my m35a2 in a month I will just drive around my block a few times stoping and going so I can work my gears and cluch for 20-30 minits it helps keep every thing loose and working good. It also seems to help keep my throughout bearing frome sqeaking by going up and down threw the gears duble cluching every time. I make sure that I do drive it to work at least every 90 days. I live 10 miles frome work most of it is on the interstate so geting the 10 highway miles is easy.

3dAngus

I was headed in the ten acre search, for keeping more vehicles.

But then sanity settled in. I don't think I want to have to maintain 40 M105s, 6 deuces, a M900 series tractor, two large heavy duty trailers for the tractor, and 14 generators.

I'm having growing pains, but I guess I'll just have to sell off a couple of my trailers and make room for more. Having ten acres would be extremely dangerous for me, but, it sure would be a HOOT!

mcmullag

40 miles a month keeps the mechanicals okay......

I totally agree on this and have been practicing this preventative maintenance for about two years. Last weekend I went on a 30 to 40 mile drive, made a big square on the map essentially, on county roads and my friend followed me in his 1966 Mack tractor. My theory is that this keeps all the seals and gaskets kinda lubed up so that they seal good and do not dry out and leak, and also good for the batteries. Also keeps good fuel with additive I use, circulated in the injectors and injector pump and such. I usually do about a 20 mile round trip every other weekend for this purpose.

Attachments

91W350

I drive mine about 15 to 20 miles a day, unless I have a trip somewhere, then it gets a chance to get good and warm. They sure sound sweeter after a good run down the road! Seems like they start a lot better cold too when you keep them running daily, I suppose it is the lack of fuel leak down anyplace... My green deuce got some new shoes this week..... I ruined a pair in the yard.

cidrich

I drive my deuce everyday! I drive it to work and back (32 mile round trip) and I drive to my friend shop on the weekends (50 mile round trip) and then on sunday I drive it to the local mud playground (30 mile round trip). I dont think mine gets lonely but just in case I purchased a 5 ton to keep it company. Going to recover it this friday. I also have 7 1/2 acres of land so I dont think I am done. PLEASE help me!!!!!

ratat98

Well I can't complain too much..my wife and I are taking the deuce out tomorrow to shoot her new Remington 770 and get it sighted in. I'm in love.....

joshuaz223

my lot is a very large:roll: 1/8 acre with the house in the center. which leaves no way to get a vehicle in the back yard. in the front is a 24 foot enclosed trailer M35A2, M37A2, Lincoln town car, F150SC, Toyota corolla and seven motorcycles. Tuesday the M543A2 comes home. things are getting tight.

i agree with wreckerman, my deuce has been a lot happier since i won the 5 ton.

O.D. Fever

I was headed in the ten acre search, for keeping more vehicles.

But then sanity settled in. I don't think I want to have to maintain 40 M105s, 6 deuces, a M900 series tractor, two large heavy duty trailers for the tractor, and 14 generators.

I'm having growing pains, but I guess I'll just have to sell off a couple of my trailers and make room for more. Having ten acres would be extremely dangerous for me, but, it sure would be a HOOT!
Iron is alot better than cattle, don't feed or water for a month and they are still happy to see you. Joe

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife has firmly stated that before ANY more OD green comes to the house she will have her 1971 Mustang Fastback.

I said No OD green?

She said right!

I said So desert tan is ok???

She said ***** ***** **** *** ***** ***** No!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks