• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Go out and drive!!

ratat98

You live in Oklahoma.......;)
Ha I wish that meant something...
The price of land around here has skyrocketed....all these city dwellers (no offense intended) and people who don't live in the "country" have made the land in this area very valuable. They like to buy some acres and use it for hunting purposes. You can lease out a section of land here and make about three times more off "guided hunting tours" than you would if you farmed it or ran cattle on it. I think we had some land close by go for about $3k an acre...five years ago, it would've been $250 an acre...makes me wish I got married five years ago... :jumpin:

steelandcanvas

I totally agree on this and have been practicing this preventative maintenance for about two years. Last weekend I went on a 30 to 40 mile drive, made a big square on the map essentially, on county roads and my friend followed me in his 1966 Mack tractor. My theory is that this keeps all the seals and gaskets kinda lubed up so that they seal good and do not dry out and leak, and also good for the batteries. Also keeps good fuel with additive I use, circulated in the injectors and injector pump and such. I usually do about a 20 mile round trip every other weekend for this purpose.
Also, may I suggest "Operator Face Maintenance", driving sure puts a smile on one!