• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my deuce

197thhhc

We put 2 plates on each side bolted through the frames 1/3 of the way back and 2/3 of the way back. Plus there are 8 bolts on each side holding the frames together. I think its a little bit of overkill but I would rather be safe than sorry. The notch isnt as deep as it looks in the picture. The cross members are still together at the top and we use !/8" steel to tie them together on the bottom for added rigidity.

Last edited:

bjsmith

thanks got lil more work done today as of now i have most of the bolts in holding the frames together paln on putting few more then some plates. when i cut frame i didnt cut off enough i forgot to take off for the buperettes also found out that i think the forward sprag is shot it will not go forward without rear dirveshaft but after i put in gear goes nowhere press clutch and can feel it jerk just a little the it works in reverse. anyone know someone selling air shift transfeer case for cheap?

Attachments

Last edited:

bjsmith

dropped drive shaft off today should have it back tomorrow:-D should have new tubes and u bolts by this weekend. if so i should have it done this weekend and take for a test drive:driver:

bjsmith

Its not real easy doing all the work by yourself with just couple bottle jacks and engine hoist but then again im very impatient and like to get things done

Awesome Possum

Its not real easy doing all the work by yourself with just couple bottle jacks and engine hoist but then again im very impatient and like to get things done
I'm getting ready to put the bed on mine and I don't wanna' admit how long it took me! I just wrote that you made it look easy, not that it was! Great Job!

Attachments

bjsmith

I know I was just looking at you build yesterday good job so far I just wish I had a extra set of hands to help out like you do would have made things alot easier on me

Awesome Possum

Yeah, I did notice you did that thing alone. Outstanding work! Badga (who's 16) did most of the first half due to an injury I have, but I caught up with that pup in putting it back together. When I forget all the problems maybe we'll do one for him!

bjsmith

well pick my drive shaft up this morning then about 10 min after i got home from work ups stopped by and dropped me off mu u bolts and my tubes so got one side of drive shaft bolted up and got tires mounted on the rims and let me tell you that was a job

DeucesWild11

Coming along nicely.. Mine bobbed already and hubs flipped when I got her, however with my 395's on stock rims I am about 2" into the frame rails underneath the trailer bed. So the tires were rubbing along those rails under the bed. For now I just cut the rails at a 45 degree angle to give the tires some more room but I think I am going to make the wheel well's 2" wider on the inside to accommodate the larger tires. I don't want to raise the bed any higher than it already is as I need it to be useful. Good luck in your build, she's lookin great!

Attachments

bjsmith

Glad you said yours rub with flipped hubs I was going to do it this weekend but now im keeping them how they are till I can get new rims

DeucesWild11

You may be a little better off than I am. the 14" tires are 14.7" wide compared to the 395's which are 15.4" wide. At least that is what is on paper. However your diameter is 3" larger so you still may have the same problem.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks