• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my deuce

Awesome Possum

Check out this pic that I found on the link below

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/51160-how-hub-flip-7.html#post997274

This helped me out allot before I got myself into the potential dirty work..
This picture is exactly what I was wondering about. What are the consequences to the bearings (or any other parts that I'm unaware of) in mounting it with hubs in, wheel dish out? I'm running 11-20R Michelins and will likely continue with these.

Last edited:

bjsmith

if everything goes well i will be finish this weekend and take for small test drive till i get to go to dmv next week and get a tag for it

HanksDeuce

Where did you get your driveshaft work done? I was looking at Margot, Inc. in Baton Rouge for mine.

It looks like your driveshaft will hit the trailer frame crossmember. You take a look at that? Might get away with coping an arc out of it instead of total removal.

DeucesWild11

Possum, not sure on your question although a good one to ask.. I would assume a little more stress on the bearings if the tire/rim is giving you a wider stance.. but I am not a bearing mechanic or any mechanic by any means. Perhaps ask your question on the How to Hub Flip thread.. There seem to be some very knowledgeable people on that thread.. :beer:

bjsmith

Where did you get your driveshaft work done? I was looking at Margot, Inc. in Baton Rouge for mine.

It looks like your driveshaft will hit the trailer frame crossmember. You take a look at that? Might get away with coping an arc out of it instead of total removal.
I got it done at mogots cheapest and used them a few times $155 for it to be extended 5" dropped it off around lunch was done the next morning and I plan on notching the 2 trailer frame crossmembers and boxing them in that will be done tomorrow

bjsmith

This picture is exactly what I was wondering about. What are the consequences to the bearings (or any other parts that I'm unaware of) in mounting it with hubs in, wheel dish out? I'm running 11-20R Michelins and will likely continue with these.
I think either way will be about the same stress on bearings because the stock dual setup keeps the rim from wanting to twist putting and more pressure on the bearing with the two wheels bolted together it can't try to twist either way unless one of the duals are off the ground

Awesome Possum

I think either way will be about the same stress on bearings because the stock dual setup keeps the rim from wanting to twist putting and more pressure on the bearing with the two wheels bolted together it can't try to twist either way unless one of the duals are off the ground
Did I mention that I'm running super singles?

bjsmith

got notch finished,welded plates to axle,finished installing driveshaft, got the rear crossmember and bumperettes installed, and got the bed bolted down with 4 bolts so far with few broken drill bits,busted nuckles and a bruise, got the brake lines hooked up now tomorrow ill try to finish bolting bed, cut holes and install glad hands, bleed brakes, and bolt couple plates to deuce frame and trailer frame. also dont know if anyone else had any problems with bed mounts sliding over deuce frame but mine didnt want to sit all the way down had to grind and cut mounts so i could bend them out a little to get them to slide over frame took me half the day fighting to get the bed to slide down and sit flat on frame

Attachments

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

Man you work quick! I hope I have your energy once my lift kit gets here. Wanna help? LOL! Good job on the crossmember notching and boxing! It looks great.

Are you going to add any other supports for the stacked frame besides bolts on the bottom of the deuce frame? I have seen others weld plates to the side of the M105 frame and bolt them to the side of the deuce frame. It gives more strength in the lateral direction from any shear forces exerted on the frame.

The picture below is an example of side support plates, although it's for an airbag setup on a deuce and not a M105 leaf spring suspension. You get the idea.

Attachments

bjsmith

yes im going to try to get that done tomorrow i will have them right in front of front spring mount and right behind rear mounts also 1 or 2 in the middle on each side so it will be 3 or 4 on each side

DeucesWild11

**** bjsmith you do work like an animal... I could perhaps do some more if it wasn't in the 30's here lately.. I love the updates keep them coming and glad I could offer some help, this site has given me so much just glad I could pay it forward.. :razz:

bjsmith

thanks again got almost everything buttoned up didnt connect glad hands yet but brazed copper line shut for now. still have 2 plates to put on from trailer frame to truck frame but did get some on each corner the middle ones are wider that the corners just got tres of drilling. also have a friend coming tomorrow to watch driveshaft while i flex the suspension in the ditch across from my houseaiting to make sure i notched it enough. beside that and some painting its done took it for a ride around my neighborhood, drove good stops better got few looks from neighbors that live in the front now im just waiting for insurance to get back with me then to dmv

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks