• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to Coleman's again - what you need?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, going up to Coleman's again, either tomorrow or Monday. I have a short list of things that others want me to look for. If you have any specific requests for items that you know they have, or may be there in the back 40, let me know and I'll pick them up for you.

Down side is, my purchases will be going on the plastic card, so if you tell me you need something, and I get it, I will require payment soon via PayPal or something, for me to quickly pay the credit card company. Ah, life without employment, ain't it grand? No worries, I can hold for you until I see you at a show, or will pass onto the next packmule on its way to you.

For those interested in me picking stuff up there (it's in Millerstown, PA), I will be going to Jim Thorpe PA show in March, Aberdeen in May, Haspin in June, and the VA rally in September, so I can haul to you if need be.

LanceRobson

Mike, I'm looking for a pair or two of the brackets used to tie down shelters in deuces. They slide up under the lip of the bed side and pop up into the stake pockets. Then you screw two eye bolts into them. Check the link below.

Also, I'm looking for the braces that stiffen the bed side rails for a drop side deuce. I don't have a picture so that may be be a toughie.

I'm also looking for 2 or 4 11.00R20 XLs in good shape. I don't expect you to grab those if you see them but, please give me a call if you do.

Do you still have my phone number?

Thanks

Lance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...1218328602-s280-parts-needed-p1020357_580.jpg

Sephirothq

a while back you said you saw some tow bars??
I am looking for a part of a towbar the one that fits inside (the male end). Let me know if you see one there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
Like Lance, I could use a couple of the brackets to tie down mu S-280 shelter in the deuce. There are other things I'd like from them, but they may or may not have, so I'll PM you a list to look for (bot not to buy, at least for now).

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm up early, but the weather forecast is calling for rain all day today, and nothing sucks more than picking through a junkyard ankle-deep in mud while a cold rain is coming down. SO, I will be going on Monday, they are calling for sunshine and a high of 35 at Coleman's that day. I'll take the cold over cold rain any day.

Which gives you all a couple more days to add to the wishlist! :-D

LanceRobson

Which gives you all a couple more days to add to the wishlist! :-D
Well Gee, in that case, I'll take 2 of the $50 jeeps in crates and one of the P 51Ds in the crate.....

Mike, if you find the junk I'm looking for and are willing to haul it home, you could call me from Coleman's and I could pay them over the phone with a card to save you the hassle.

Lance

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm telling ya, the Lord don't want me to go. Friday was wet, Monday schools were closed here due to snow, and today it was 5 degrees outside - WAY too cold to be pickin' parts off of junk trucks in a PA junkyard. Wednesday is same story, below freezing according to the forecast.

SO, first day I plan on going is Thursday, the 5th. It is supposed to be high 40s in central PA and sunny, so I am making that my day to head up there.

Sorry for the delay, guys.

LanceRobson

Gee, Mike, my list gets longer the longer you wait to go.

I'm looking for the angled brace that goes on the left end of the passenger side bench seat when a deuce has a spring seat. It's the one added when the old box driver seat is removed since the left end of the passenger seat was originally bolted to the box seat.

If they've got any deuce winch parts, I'm looking for the drum lock plunger off the passenger side of the winch. I need the shaft and knob.

If you delay until next week, your gonna need a deuce to haul everything.

Thanks again.

Lance

offroaddiesel

be careful with that plastic, thats a disease thats hard to get rid of, and a disease no one needs, but if you dont want my advise i will send my list to you. have fun steve from western maine

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Jeff, I got your list - will let you all know what I find there.

offroaddiesel - send your list on, I have a LONG list that a bunch of people sent.

And yes, I know how the plastic card thing goes by experience. That's why I said, I need payment ASAP after I pick this stuff up for people, even if I won't see the buyers for a while to pass off the parts. Just wanted to get that news out up front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks