• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to Russelville, KY tomorrow to get parts, prices and p

Longhunter7

Jeff,

Yep, you're right, it is a dropside bed! It is a 5 ton dropside bed, and I doubt the troop seats are the same as my 2 1/2 ton bed!

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but I will keep looking! :cool:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know Jeff. I run a P3 450 at home with 384mb of RAM and they just zip right up. I have Charter Pipeline 1MB cable modem service at home. Sorry you feel the server is so inadequate but it has worked just fine for my needs and the price is right. No I don't plan on switching servers. I have had to deal with switching 500mb of info before and it sucks. You weren't here when the site collapsed twice in six months due to poor site hosting. As long as Stargate keeps doing their job we'll be staying right here.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got a highspeed connection only a few days ago and it makes a hugh difference. Before, I could only sporadically upload images to this site and only if they were small, <100K , I guess. Also, for some reason IE worked better than Netscape.
The alternate solution is to link to photobucket, imageevent or some other site where your pictures can be displayed.
I like the thumbs better than the large images on this site. It takes a while for the large images to load up and personally, I don't always have an interest in seeing them so its wasted time especially on a dialup connection.
This is where the 2 cents statement come in. :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
JeffsIFAW-50 said:
HEY!
I did not say the server was inadequate, I just think the timer should be set a little longer so it doesn't time out so fast!
Point taken Jeff, thanks. Now, lest we digress some more, let us get this thread back to the Greenville salvage yard. Sorry for hijacking DR.

So, DR, did you see any of the M561 Gama Goats around Howard's place. He used to have a couple of tractor trailer loads full. I always liked that ugly ol goat. Thought it would be cool to have one rolling down the road with that screamin' jimmy 3-53 detroit barkin [thumbzup]

Desert Rat

Chris,
Yep, many are in rough shape, but I'm sure they are rebuildable. Most of them are on the road going back behind Howard's house just to the left of his driveway. Go over the hill (like most of us are anyway) and as you come down the other side you'll see bunches of them. I think some are ambulance goats too. Real funky looking. I didn't see any with engines. Some had trannys though.

Wyattearp

Looks like some nice finds, thanks desert rat.
That is a little distance from me im guessing 5-7hrs but worth it. Bjorn i was looking im not sure which would be the fastest way to go as i have been to Richmond KY, Berea but nothing west of that. It does take a while to get through and over the Appalachians.

Let me know what planned route if you decide to go, that will help me out when i get a chance to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks