• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good or bad idea...

mbwarner

BPJ911's committed. Even though it's something I wouldn't try, I wish him success.

As I approach 60, I can tell you that I've done plenty of stupid things in my life, and gotten away with most of them.

Also, I've been in situations where I had a picture in my mind's eye that I was sure would work, but I couldn't convey that picture to others.

Happy Trails, Bpj, keep us in the loop.

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

AMAZING how petty this thread quickly became (for some, not for all)...:deadhorse:
Reminds me of Junior High... :rolleyes:

Best of luck BPJ911! I hope it all works out well for you!
If I lived closer I would offer to pilot the chase-car on your journey.

Enjoy your new Deuce!! I'm sure it will provide you with MANY years & miles of enjoyment! [thumbzup]

butch atkins

go for it

i put my 78 chevy blazer in the bed of my m211 and hauled it around for a couple of days,didnt havevthe tailgate on ,blazer was short enough that i dint need it,just be careful on the turns especially ifthey are not flat,moms driveway was sloped left to right about 1 foot drop and and dropped about 3 feet in 10 ft,thought the m211 was going to turn over when i turned in ,going out wasnt to bad,blazer had 35 inch tires and 6 inch suspension lift,chained its rear axle to the rear shackles, just remember how high the center of gravity will be when you are loaded,max out the pressure on the front tires,so when you brake the weight transfer might load up the front end of the truck,especially in a turn ,and i loaded and unloade the blazer at a truck terminal loading dock,,will try to find the pics,good luck ,keep your speed down and have fun,post pics

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job! I came across this fun thread too late. I'd have done it too, with the boards as bed extenders, no problem. See attachment for proof. A big generator went into the M-105.

Bob

Attachments

bpj911

I left it loaded last night b/c I was too dumb to remember the camera. I am going to take some today. It's a little Sanford and Sons but made it.

offroaddiesel

got on late,alli can say you were damn lucky ,i think your mind was made up from the beginng.if you do something like that again just stay out of my state,this sort of thinfg just invites trouble and this hobby doe not need people doing stupid things and oh yeahnopics steve from western maine

bpj911

I decided to not take pics. About half you guys are nothing but ****ty to a new guy. As to the other half, thanks for your thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks