• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good source for auxiliary fuel hose & fittings?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of my recent acquisitions have not included them. Just want to know if there is a reasonably priced reseller who carries them that anyone knows about. This way I can make sure the sets leaving my posession have them complete, versus just telling them to 'google it' (not really). Thanks

csheath

That length of hose that comes standard isn't ideal for every setup. I would prefer a shorter hose on mine but as long as it isn't leaking I will use what came with my set. Having the bung adapter worked out great for me though.

If you really want to furnish a complete set you would want to provide a bung adapter. IMO a 55 gal drum makes the most practical aux tank.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree... the bung adapter is best. But at least with the standard hose they can use the aux fuel input and dump the other end of the line in either a drum, or fuel tank, etc

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This might sound crazy but I have made them using a couple of 5/16 JIC to 1/4 adapters. Buy a PVC ice maker hose of the length of your choice and just thread it together.

Chainbreaker

Locate a Hydraulic Hose/Fitting shop. The one I use can make any length hose in any diesel compatible material and fitting I choose while I wait. Getting custom length made to fit your application, let's say a 12' hose versus using an off the shelf 25' hose can save money and no extra hose length to deal with. Of course I do have the aux hose and drum/jerry can adapter kit to be able to use a 55 gal drum or stick end of hose in my truck's aux tank. Nice to have several options when it comes to sourcing fuel for genset during an extended outage.

Chainbreaker

Also, check the SS Classifieds "Parts for Sale". The Mil-Spec aux hose and drum adapter shows up for sale there now and then.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think its actually a brake hose, but its got 1/4" fuel fittings on either end. Definitely not a rocket science part. About 25' long.
Fits what?

Is this fitting a specific genset, air compressor, water pump?

csheath

Fits what?

Is this fitting a specific genset, air compressor, water pump?
He didn't say in the OP but I'm pretty sure he is talking about the hose to connect and auxiliary fuel source to a MEP-802A or MEP-803A. May fit other models too?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, maybe...

That's why it important to use a thread title that is descriptive and give all the details in your posts.

Rereading your post thoroughly helps a lot too.

Triton

I used a 15 foot PVC ice maker hose from Home Depot that had no fittings on it and bought 2qty 5/16 JIC push-lock fittings, cost $11.00 bucks total.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Of course there is a sticky at the top of the auxiliary section.

sticky: Generator AUX fuel connections

There is even a PDF with the 37 degree hose end information for getting a custom hose made.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the respones folks (both here and in PM). For what I am looking to do, I think finding a local Parker hose shop makes the most sense. I have my personal aux fuel line, so at least I don't have to worry. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks