• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a bui- bidding under the influence

eviioiive

thought i was getting full antique coverage through kelley but apparently their underwriters DO want an individual garage...

Last edited:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I bought a couple of 5-tons out of Barstow this year. I wish I could blame it on BUI, but unfortunately it was just BWS (Bidding While Stupid). :)

I had them towed from Barstow to my place in Riverside for around $650 each. My wrecker came with full fuel tanks, and I figure that pretty much paid for the tow!

$3k for your truck sounds like a good deal as long as the engine and drivetrain are in good shape. Congratulations! And it even has the cargo area tarp!

ryan77

Nice truck!! Better then a dui!! Or dating under in influence!! At least the truck you can sell. Unwanted kids and a ugly wife are harder to get rid off!!!

eviioiive

Arranged for a flat bed but might have not needed it. Started under its own power after a few seconds of cranking, built pressure up and drove onto the trailer without incident. Having a mech check it out then itll be on its way home.

Kelley insurance ended up not working, claiming a ticket from 3 years ago was the issue but also mentioned no garage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks