• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a bui- bidding under the influence

eviioiive

thought i was getting full antique coverage through kelley but apparently their underwriters DO want an individual garage...

Last edited:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I bought a couple of 5-tons out of Barstow this year. I wish I could blame it on BUI, but unfortunately it was just BWS (Bidding While Stupid). :)

I had them towed from Barstow to my place in Riverside for around $650 each. My wrecker came with full fuel tanks, and I figure that pretty much paid for the tow!

$3k for your truck sounds like a good deal as long as the engine and drivetrain are in good shape. Congratulations! And it even has the cargo area tarp!

ryan77

Nice truck!! Better then a dui!! Or dating under in influence!! At least the truck you can sell. Unwanted kids and a ugly wife are harder to get rid off!!!

eviioiive

Arranged for a flat bed but might have not needed it. Started under its own power after a few seconds of cranking, built pressure up and drove onto the trailer without incident. Having a mech check it out then itll be on its way home.

Kelley insurance ended up not working, claiming a ticket from 3 years ago was the issue but also mentioned no garage.