• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Me A 5 Ton

98hd

98hd,I ended up getting the lower numbered wrecker it was the one that showed no rust and I paid a little more for it than the other one went for.

# 28 was definetally the nicer of the two, I think that was the lower numbered one. The one that had rust in the platform for the rear was going higher until I quit watching them tuesday morning.

Here is the important part, I will add the boring descriptions later.
Boring Descriptions: #1 is my new truck. It had dead batteries (2) but started right-up with a jump. I checked it over and ran it into town for some fuel. The down sides are, 1 battery box and related batteries missing, I will be looking for some battery boxes. The troop seats are a bit rough, but I may not use them anyways. Some of the other trucks had real nice troop seats. The spare tire is missing so I will have to pick one up. The spare tire mounts are there. The hood has some damage, but it is OK for now. Brake peddle is a little soft I will bleed the system when home.
It needs some cleaning and touch-up as usual.
The upsides, I wanted a hard top and dropside bed. It has no rust, 15,000 miles, and it drives SWEET.
I will be picking it up Saturday afternoon, I moved it to the parking lot. GSA means no EUC and no waiting, bought Thursday afternoon and took possession Friday morning.
Pics # 2&3 are the GSA lot and many toys.
Pic #4 is Ranchwrecker's new hopper, I mean Ranchhopper's new wrecker. I post-viewed it for him, recon mission, and it looks real good. I think it went cheap because of the desert puke paint job. Green makes me happy. RH has a few more pics that he can post.
I still love my Deuces, but the 5 ton trucks are something else to drive.
More pics and info to follow after pick-up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark2X2

Dr Greg,
Great find on your 5 ton, have lots of miles behind the wheel of a 817.
Have you got time to chat with a fellow WI resident about insurance registration and ect ect ? If so email me a phone# and a good time to call.
Thanks,
Mark
markm800cc@centurytel.net