• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Me A 5 Ton

98hd

98hd,I ended up getting the lower numbered wrecker it was the one that showed no rust and I paid a little more for it than the other one went for.

# 28 was definetally the nicer of the two, I think that was the lower numbered one. The one that had rust in the platform for the rear was going higher until I quit watching them tuesday morning.

Here is the important part, I will add the boring descriptions later.
Boring Descriptions: #1 is my new truck. It had dead batteries (2) but started right-up with a jump. I checked it over and ran it into town for some fuel. The down sides are, 1 battery box and related batteries missing, I will be looking for some battery boxes. The troop seats are a bit rough, but I may not use them anyways. Some of the other trucks had real nice troop seats. The spare tire is missing so I will have to pick one up. The spare tire mounts are there. The hood has some damage, but it is OK for now. Brake peddle is a little soft I will bleed the system when home.
It needs some cleaning and touch-up as usual.
The upsides, I wanted a hard top and dropside bed. It has no rust, 15,000 miles, and it drives SWEET.
I will be picking it up Saturday afternoon, I moved it to the parking lot. GSA means no EUC and no waiting, bought Thursday afternoon and took possession Friday morning.
Pics # 2&3 are the GSA lot and many toys.
Pic #4 is Ranchwrecker's new hopper, I mean Ranchhopper's new wrecker. I post-viewed it for him, recon mission, and it looks real good. I think it went cheap because of the desert puke paint job. Green makes me happy. RH has a few more pics that he can post.
I still love my Deuces, but the 5 ton trucks are something else to drive.
More pics and info to follow after pick-up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark2X2

Dr Greg,
Great find on your 5 ton, have lots of miles behind the wheel of a 817.
Have you got time to chat with a fellow WI resident about insurance registration and ect ect ? If so email me a phone# and a good time to call.
Thanks,
Mark
markm800cc@centurytel.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks